“Our Wedding Day 10th August 2013.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Riverhill Hotel to your Saves list
Riverhill Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Talbot Rd, Birkenhead CH43 2HJ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Birkenhead
“Our Wedding Day 10th August 2013.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic day, a highly professional team. They took all the worry out of our day. The food was delicious, plenty of it. Thank you all.
A wonderful surprise without asking they remembered it was my birthday and produced cake with a candle and a rousing verse of "Happy Birthday"
Mr and Mrs Ellison

• Stayed August 2013
stephen p, General Manager at Riverhill Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Mr & Mrs Ellison. We would again like to thank you for choosing to have your wedding day here at the Riverhill Hotel. We really appreciate you feedback. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to manage your event and to see a stunning bride. Please do remember that as part of your wedding package, you first anniversary we will provide you with a 3 course dinner on your anniversary date. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel hopefully a bit sooner than that. Kind Regards. Steve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
dorset uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wen stayed here for three nights, over two weekends as we were booked on a coach tour in between. The room was at the front overlooking the pleasant front garden and the road but even with the windows open it wasn't too noisy. A nice bright room with windows all round (and the longest radiator I have seen!) Bed was ok but dipped a little. Complimentary fruit (one orange!) crisps, biscuits and kit kat, better than some hotels but no tissues provided unlike most hotels.
We cannot comment on the food as we were room only. No lift so had to carry cases upstairs but not a real problem. Parking could be a problem if there is a big party here.
We will stay here again as we visit a relative here every year and may be try the food next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the riverhill for years and years but hadn't been since the new chef has been there I came with my elderly parents who live local the menu was very well balanced something for everyone very reasonable in price and a jolly nice atmosphere I was very very impressed and will be back as I just booked for Christmas I wanted Christmas Day but sadly they were fully booked I also liked the bar area with the fabulous art from the local area

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
stephen p, General Manager at Riverhill Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest
If was very nice to welcome you and your family back to the hotel and for you to take the time to give us your feedback on your visit, I do remember you dining with us and your parents who were both still very witty and full of life, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in December to enjoy our 2013 Christmas menu offer, please do inform me on your arrival as we can share a drink of winter mead together
Kind regards
Steve
General manager
Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have eaten here a few times and stayed just this once. Its got a nice dignified feel about , quite serene. Parking is easy and on site. Evening meal was a good choice and good quality.Plenty of room for all diners no squashing up to let people past.
The room we had was clean and adequate. Breakfast was very good with quality food. Check and check out fast ,accurate and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, it is always pleasing to have your guests feedback for our full experience be so positive. We are glad that you enjoyed you evening dinner, overnight stay and breakfast the following morning. We have just launched new packages on our website for staying and dining if you are looking to repeat you experience. Please do give me a call directly if this interest you. We would like to offer you a 10% discount on any of the over night packages we offer. Kind regards. Steve.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited riverhilll on 25th July to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. The reviews on TA influenced me to book a table. My wife's food was fine however I ordered the pork which was over cooked and dry. This was obvious just by looking at it, so not sure why it left the kitchen. I asked. The waiter to take it back and ordered chicken instead. This was also overlooked. Very disappointing experience. I assumed that Clare wasn't in the kitchen on this night, as the food wouldn't have been allowed to go out. Wouldn't go back

• Stayed July 2013
West Lothian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Unfortunately, my Aunt and I had to take a trip at short notice to Merseyside for a family funeral. I checked out a few places on here and late rooms and decided to go with the Riverhill, as it was very close to where my relatives live. I was a little anxious, as I read a few negative reviews on here, and it planted a seed of doubt. I need not have worried.

I found the Riverhill to be a charming and chic boutique style hotel, with some lovely touches and a beautifully appointed twin room. Every member of staff that we engaged with, we're polite, friendly and helpful.

Due to the nature of our visit, we only got to experience the breakfast service in the restaurant. This was more than acceptable, with a great range of fresh food on offer from the buffet and a hot and tasty cooked option. The evening menus looked extremely appealing, and were reasonably priced, we have already agreed with my cousin, that we will be trying out the restaurant for an evening meal the next time we visit.

Please do not let older poor reviews cause concern. I believe that the hotel has undertaken a radical shakedown, and from what I saw and experienced, it has produced a very nice, good value experience.

Room Tip: 22 is a quiet and shady twin!