“Always good !” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Staffs. UK.
“Always good !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and its always been good. The staff are friendly, efficient and welcoming. The rooms are clean and well appointed ( like the trouser press and iron). The restaurant is good and the breakfast is good. Great value if staying in the Coleraine area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us once again! We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Den Helder, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 day it is a very good hotel nice clean rooms good bed, and fhe food here is excellent had my dinner here every night and it was very good not like most restaurants you always get the same, and it was always plenty all staff was always friendly and helpful breakfast is very good as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your three night stay at the hotel and dined with us on all three evenings. I will be sure and pass on your kind comments to our Chefs and the rest of the team here at The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Lodge. The front desk was great and very helpful! The restaurant was excellent! Elliotts' Bistro is a little gem! I had the salmon on one night and blackened chicken on the other night! The pear walnut salad was fantastic! The bartenders were helpful and quite friendly! The room was clean and it was great! An overall great experience!

Room Tip: Use this hotel as an anchor to visit the Giants Causeway, Bushmill Distillery, and Carrick A Rede Ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Donald S
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your dining experiences in Elliot's Bistro. Your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated and I will be sure and pass onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cookstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and I love it. Its in a fantastic location, the staff were welcoming and friendly and the food was very good! The room was also excellent, very clean and comfortable and they even left little chocolates on the pillows when they changed the sheets every day. Worth every penny. Very good hotel for Families and great children's menu. Most hotels I have been to take a really long time to come and take your order and then to get the drinks and food out but the staff here came immediately and I only had to wait a short time to get my food. When I did it was very well presented and tasted great. I loved the dessert menu. There is also a treatment room ran by Melissa ross that was lovely. The treatment here was top notch! Would highly recommend you give her a visit. The hotel in general is very clean and modern and perfect for business trips. The price per room is a real bargain. Its safe to say I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Great location to famous Landmarks like the Giants causeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure and pass on your positive feedback to Melissa in our Treatment Room and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Portstewart, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My brother booked the bistro in the lodge hotel for my 50th birthday bash...20 of us..I have eaten here many times over the years but the last time I ate here I was a little disappointed with the standard of the food served...I reckoned the quality of the food had "gone down hill" a bit..but,I was giving it another go...and avoided the meals that had put me off the last time I was here.
I had the mackerel starter followed by the escalope of pork dish for my main course. The starter was very good and I totally finished it....but my main course left a lot to be desired...I was a chef for 30 years so, I know my onions when it comes to food and how it's cooked..the escalope of pork comes in breadcrumbs served on a sauce..with a dusting of chilli powder around the plate....a dusting of chilli powder around everyone's plate, no matter what they ordered, and afterwards some of my party did complain to me about this as some of them don't like spicey/hot things, so ordered dishes that didnt contain chilli....by the way, it's hard to find dishes on the menu that don't contain chilli....most dishes have it added to them, and most of the sides...plain onion rings? No chance...they come with chilli too.
So, back to my pork dish....big disappointment.......deep fried to within a breadcrumb of its life....shouldn't have been cooked in the fryer to start with...that's just being lazy, the cowboy way to cook..it should have been "pan fried" pork fillet will soon dry out if overcooked, and mine certainly was...the "white membrane" or "sinew" hadn't been removed from the loin before cooking and this caused the escalope to "curl up" when fried....deadly. So my "oinkers" was very overcooked and dry.
Like I've already said, I've eaten in the bistro at the lodge hotel so many times in the past, but on my two most recent visits to this bistro I have failed to be impressed. I should have complained about the standard of my meal but I was one of the last to get served and didn't want to be sitting without food when everyone else was eating....so I kept my mouth shut and struggled my way through it.....it wasn't the worse meal ive ever eaten.

I was chatting to most of the other people in my party the next day and I got mixed reviews on their meals...some good, some not so good....but you can't please all the people all of the time..although i doubt if I will be in any hurry to return until I hear through the grapevine that "chefs and menus" have changed...for the better.
On a more positive note, the service was second to none as is the standard in this hotel and the staff were great as usual.so a big "thumbs up" to victor and his bistro staff.....
Now, don't get me wrong here, I love chilli.....but not with almost everything..and so said most of us.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear batmansnr
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and for your kind comments regarding the customer service you received. I was disappointed to read you did not enjoy your main course and found our menu to be spicey. Unfortunately, I am not sure which menu you dined from as all our menus are varied, however, I would appreciate if you could contact myself
or our General Manager to discuss this matter further. We look forward to hearing from you.
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in the main hotel in room 102, we didn't book this hotel ourselves as it was done by a colleague for us to attend the Northwest 200 motorcycle event, the staff at reception were helpful and welcoming and on first mpression the hotel was clean but dated. We had lunch in the brassiere which was a little bit like a family chain type pub without the play area, very busy with families . Our room was clean but dated, we also found it strange to have a double and a single ed for a couple in the room as we have spent years holidaying with our children we don't now want reminding we have them when we are away on a weekend by ourselves, but we used it for our cases to hide it. Bathroom was basic but clean, we ate at Ramonoffs on Saturday night which was ok not an adult dining experience for me more like a tea room atmosphere it only cost us £26 for two so that should make it clearer. The staff were friendly but as I said they need to take it up a notch for atmosphere and service if they want a better star rating than 3. Overall the hotel was clean but dated and the rooms were decorated akin to a static caravan but it didn't spoil our weekend, but this hotel really is relying on its staffs friendliness and price bracket for the masses, but for me it isn't what I would book personally but it does the job. For me I like something better than I have at home which may sound pompous but if we are paying and it's for a treat, that's exactly what I want. This hotel also has a kind of travel lodge section which is near to a large asda store and backs onto a care home so a room at the back of the main hotel is a must.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back off the main road and in main hotel as the travel lodge part is at the fro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. It is unfortunate that our 3* hotel did not meet your expectations, we do however appreciate your opinion and once again thank you for your feedback.
Dereham, Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

£55 per night for a 3 bed family room - absolute bargain ! I couldn't believe how lucky I was to get this deal, thanks very much Lodge Hotel.
Room itself was large, spotless and modern, bathroom to match. Staff are so friendly and welcoming, they really make you comfy here.
Food and drink is also top notch, especially breakfast. Good choice at the buffet with freshly cooked eggs, hash browns, etc if you want them.
I travel extensively in the UK and I can't think of a better hotel without spending an arm and a leg.
Book a room, you'll love it just like everyone else does !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!