“Always A Treat” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Portstewart
“Always A Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just like to finally leave a review after yet another lovely meal in the Indus Valley restaurant. Being non meat eaters it's a pleasure to have so much choice in a restaurant, whether we have a starter and a main or a table full of sides the food is always mouthwateringly good and the service very professional. I often bring family who live in London to the Indus Valley and although they have a huge choice of Indian restaurants at home they rate this restaurant top notch. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belfast
“Good tasty Indian food takeaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I read some negative reviews on TA and then I found a well written, articulate and balanced review that said this place provided perfectly acceptable and enjoyable Indian style food. On the basis of that I ordered a takeaway for four and it was all of good quality with good depth of flavour and good portions. We have eaten regularly in some of the best Indian restaurants in Edinburgh where poor outlets just don't survive for long. This meal was as good as many of the better ones and miles better than the poorer ones. The woman taking my order could not have been more helpful with our order and dealt with my special dietary needs due to coeliac disease really well. We got all four meals free from gluten which would have made me ill otherwise so full marks for that. She also knew exactly what I should not eat, basically poppadums and naan bread. The result? Four happy diners who will be more than happy to eat food from Indus Valley again. Good job well done.

• Visited October 2013
Portrush, United Kingdom
“Disgusted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Delivery of one main and a couple of sides took an hour and a half, I was told 50mins.

Food was delivered by a stroppy taxi driver who had no change, I was forced to loose out on my change. I'd wonder if he has a food hygiene cert or the tax man knows.

food was not packaged properly so it's possible rotis came into contact with car seats or foot well.

Food tasted awful. Went straight in the bin.

Indus Valley told me I'd be getting no refund. They also told me traffic was heavy, a lie. Coleraine is not the M25 and on a Wed after 1900hrs it is not an excuse.

Indus Valley told me I was a good customer of theirs, this was the first (and last) time I ever placed an order !

Disgusting food.

Terrible service.

Patronising lies.

This is the first time I have ever posted a negative comment re any restaurant, I felt so strongly about it I felt I had to on this occasion.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very tasty Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Another great night at Indus Valley. As always the food was delicious and the staff polite and helpful. Take always are always to a high standard too. Looking forward to my next visit already.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portstewart
“Awful food - do not know the meaning of flavour or customer service !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I do not know where to begin with this . . . Though after reading some of the reviews , at least I know others feel the same. we ordered a takeaway for delivery at 8.30pm on sat evening. I asked how long it would be and was told an hour. At 9.45pm the food still hadn't arrived, so I rang to check what had happened. I was told that they were very busy tonight and that the driver had to go to articlave before he had to come to ours in portstewart. He said the driver would be with us any minute. A taxi arrived at ours at 10pm. The bill was 23 pounds for what I can only describe as very poor, cold, sub standard small portion of an excuse of an Indian meal. A take away bag from sainsburys or tesco would put it to shame. The naan bread just crumbled to pieces, the food was cold, the flavour was non-existent. The jalfrezi was a strange puréed sauce, with no vegetables in it - and had absolutely no spice in it. We were so disappointed. The meals were literally 8 small cubes of bland chicken drowned in sauce. Horrendous. I phoned them back to complain about all of this and was told that they were really busy that night and were a chef down. I simply stated that this didn't stop them charging us full price. I asked for someone in management to ring me back. This didn't happen, so I rang back in Sunday evening. I was speaking to another member of staff, who literally said he did not believe us. He said "how can I believe you, you did not bring the food back, and everyone else was happy with their food!!!!!!! " in utter disbelief!! I asked to speak to someone in management, and got put through to the owner who really was no better. Again he said how can we believe you ! ,! I was losing the will at this point. Not once did they apologise. When I said the food was cold, he said he often takes the food home to Belfast and it is fine to reheat !!,! This is not the point from a 23 pound bill ! I said to him did he know anything about customer service, as he kept saying everyone else was happy. He was not listening to us as a customer. He said we should have brought the food back up ! This is a ridiculous comment after waiting over 90 mins for it. Which we paid 4 pound delivery . He said he couldn't believe us that we put it in the bin. , I have never experienced customer service like it!!!! I after about 15 mins, I was still insistent I wanted a refund as I wouldn't have paid for it in a restaurant. He then reluctantly said he would give me half back. When I asked his name, he wouldn't give me it, but just said he was the owner. Will never be back, cannot believe being spoken to like this , as a paying customer.

• 1 of 5 stars Food