“Business overnight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bannville House Hotel

Bannville House Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banbridge
Bannville House Hotel
You added Bannville House Hotel to your Saves list
174 Lurgan Road, Banbridge BT32 4NR, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
Norwich
“Business overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have used this hotel before for the same purpose, bed and breakfast and an evening meal. It is in a nice setting and is easy to locate with good parking. The rooms are quite large when compared to the chain hotels and are furnished with simple and functional furnishings. They are also clean and warm and I have never been disturbed by noise. The breakfast is good and the food of excellent quality, bacon tastes like bacon, its smoky and salty with none of that white muck hanging to it. The food is good, service quick and very obliging. The staff are very helpful and seem genuine. I hate customer service that I can predict. The only down side for me this visit was the shower wanted to do its own thing, came out in a deluge and was too hot.
I still recommend this hotel as my preferred hotel in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Antrim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ok it's rural and old style but the value and price are reflective.
Good standard of service with pleasant staff .
Large bedroom clean and comfy
Bar staff couldn't do more and very good
Other guests great craic
Close to the outlets but you can see the economic position with closed shops
A living social offer and a good bargain
All in all quite satisfied

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Newtownards, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great little hotel with a homely family feel. Staff were great, very accomadating, friendly that they even took time to have a joke with us. The hotel rooms spacious, clean, warm. Meet all the needs for a hotel to come back to to relax after a day out and putting ur head down. The bar area was liking sitting a wee local pub, the crack was brilliant. We were here on a deal which included a dinner. What the says is what ya get and plenty of it. The restaurant is lovely decorated. And the breakfast tasty and plentiful . There is a night club beside the hotel and on the night we checked in white collar boxing was on for charity.. Great nite. Even with a nightclub on site it didn't bother us it was away from the room area so no noise but ya got free entry being a resident. I was surprised places of value to visit, armagh, banbridge, newry, market hill areas, outlet stores. Would I come back absolutely yes. Next time maybe we get into banbridge town to see the night life, this time however the crack was to good in the hotel bar. This hotel suits all ages the young ones have the nightclub and us 40 year olds and a 65 year old had a fab time.

• Stayed November 2013
Newtownards, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently purchased a very good deal on Living Social for an overnight stay for 2 with 3 course dinner, glass of wine , nightclub entrance and breakfast the next morning for £65. My sister purchased the same deal and all four of us headed off on Saturday 26/10/13. On arrival we found the rooms to be large and comfortable and the staff very friendly. Drinks prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious. We went to the nightclub and although it is a lovely big room it was pretty empty and drinks were served in plastic glasses. Maybe its just as well as we were "entertained" twice by 2 girls fighting and the security staff was smaller than the girls and unable to handle the situation. Neither girls were made to leave!!! Breakfast the next morning was lovely. Time to check out and the receptionist hadn't preauthorised our credit card so she decided to go check our rooms for damage before we left. Now I've never had this happen before but I was happy for her to do it as I knew we had left the room in good condition. She told us both rooms were fine and we could go. Up to this point everything had been great and we were planning on returning before Xmas. Then the problems started!!!! Half an hour after we left I received a phone call to say that the housekeeper had reported the headboard was broken in our bedroom. Obviously I knew this was not true and if it was it had been broken after we left. I protested and was told they would ring me back. No phone call and so I contacted them on Monday and was told by the Manager that he would need to be paid for it and that this had happened to them before. When I put it to him that it seems that the housekeeper may have broke it as our room had been checked before we left he said that 'we' must have just set it back on and the receptionist didn't see it was broken. My husband checked his credit card and we were horrified to discover they had charged £100 damages 45 minutes after we had left the hotel!!!!! After numerous phone calls and the manager refusing to return our calls my husband eventually came to an agreement to pay £40 as unfortunately we couldn't prove we didn't do it either. This really did not make us happy but it seemed the simplest solution.

So my advice to anyone wishing to stay at this hotel is to have a good time as its a nice place but to either check your room thoroughly with a member of their staff and sign to say this had been done or take photos of everything in your room before you leave!!!!!

Unfortunately the whole situation has put us off and I will never return!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Attended a wedding here which was well catered for.The staff were pleasent and the food was plentiful and good. The bedrooms are in a new annex so lack some character. Good for a one night stop. Try to get a room which does not face the road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have now been here to 3 functions. My son's wedding reception last year, a dinner function last month and a wedding yesterday. Firstly my son's wedding reception was just ok not great. It was a very small wedding but wasn't done to a great standard. Meal was ok but veg so hard couldn't get fork into them and potatoes etc cold and tea cold. Very squeaky doors on female toilets.
Dinner function last month was good. Meal was nice but again veg really raw couldn't eat at all. Tea again cold. Very crowded and going in and out to loo was almost impossible. Again toilet doors still squeaking.
Wedding yesterday was great the meal was great veg lovely couldn't fault it except again the tea and coffee cold at the initial welcome, after the meal and again at the night supper. Was glad to get home to get a nice warm cup of tea. And those toilets doors are getting worse rasping now , it can't be that difficult to get someone to fix a few squeaky doors. Come on Banville get your act together.
Forgot to stay the staff are all very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kildare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very pleasant, helpful staff. Hotel rooms have limited sound proofing and carpets needs replacing or cleaning. Basic hotel with an unusual odour in the ground floor walkway. Hotel could do with an upgrade of its facilities.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the rear of the extension to the right of the reception on the top floor. This is the...