“A hidden Gem!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Belfast
“A hidden Gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful restaurant!!! I went to the Pot Belly for my girlfriends birthday with her parents and we had such a wonderful night. I had the special of the day which was a Roadt Turkey and Ham dinner which was amazing!! Food was great, place had a lot of character, service was top notch!!!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Needs to improve service and food quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was invited to lunch by a friend and had heard great reviews from friends and locals... sadly i must have picked the wrong day!

First was I didn't know where to go, no signs so walked around and found the door, others where heading up stairs to a closed door, place looked closed!

Serving staff were dreadful, lack of knowledge of basic food and service standards, playing with her hair while taking the order, no idea what the soup was, placed jug and dirty glasses on the table without being asked for! had to ask for it to be removed and bottled water ordered

I had the belly of pork, good standard friend had Pasta which was a congealed mess, overcooked and tasteless... Only 2 other people in restaurant, when said about the pasta dissatisfaction to the waitress, she just went to get the manager (Brian) he offered to replace the dish but i had finished my meal and my friend didn't want to eat alone!

To there credit they didn't charge for the Pasta, but really needs to have a major service and food overhaul!!! Shame as could be a great restaurant and we lack so many around the area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“Favourite hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just a little off the beaten track but well worth discovering, this is a regular lunch venue for me. In a lovely old building beside Tullylish pottery the restaurant is warm, cosy and atmospheric. The staff fieindly, knowledgeable and efficient. There is a great menu and daily specials plus one of my favourite puddings ever, a snickers ice cream desert which is sublime ! Terrific burgers always a good benchmark and the presentation of all dishes is fresh and sophisticated. I love this place and dine there as often as I can. Lovely in summer, if we ever get one with a large terrace overloooking green fields. Very romantic in the evenings with a real fire and low mood lighting.

• Visited September 2012
Aghalee, United Kingdom
“Lovely celebration meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Decided to visit this restaurant for a birthday dinner. We booked a table for 6 on a tuesday evening no problem. When we arrived we were confused about where to park and the entrance to the restaurant-go up the large steps on the side of the building. Think they could do with putting up some signs. Drinks orders taken when we sat down in cosy bar, given the menus to order from before table the was ready. They don't give you the earlybird menu unless you ask for it, but it's better value 3 courses for £17.95. The restaurant is downstairs and we were led down by waitress who took drinks on the tray, remember which drink is yours-she won't. Starters arrived, I had soup and bread which was lovely, main was steak sandwich with chips, steak a bit tough but very nice. Pavlova for dessert very good, also tried hubby's creme brulee- very good as well. Overall a very nice restaurant, enjoyed dinner and would probably go again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Templepatrick, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food in Gilford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had been away for the night, and were in no rush home, so decided to dine at the Pot Belly, Gilford as we were passing through the area and I remembered being there a long time ago. We arrived a little before opening time, but were very warmly welcomed in and settled down to choose our meal in the atmospheric lounge bar area. The staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was absolutely gorgeous. Here's hoping we can find an excuse to get back to the Pot Belly in the not too distant future.

• Visited October 2012