Have only ever had a drink in this hotel until we decided to try the food and we were glad we did. The hotel is situated on the edge of town with loads of parking and on entering hotel you get a good vibe immediately. We took some nice seats at the fire and were approached right away for drinks orders and offered a choice of 3 menus which suited everyone.My wife and I took advantage of the special menu which consisted of up to 3 courses and glass of house wine. We took 2 courses for 13.95 with a glass of a very agreeable red.We followed this up with my wife having the seared tuna and I had the stir fried pork.All in all an excellent meal with great service and friendly pleasant staff .Have started to recommend this hotel to my friends already and can't wait to go back.Well done to all the staff and management and of course to the chefs!
- Also Known As:
- Strangford Arms Newtownards
- Strangford Arms Hotel Newtownards, Northern Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strangford Arms Hotel is ideally located in the lively town of Newtownards,15 minutes drive from Belfast city centre, 10 minutes from George Best Belfast City Airport and Bangor town centre. This Victorian listed building has been extensively refurbished to the highest standards and now incorporates 39 luxurious En-suite Bedrooms, Conference & Banqueting Suites and the award winning LeWinters Bistro, Bars & Restaurant. Wireless Internet access WiFi is provided complimentary for all residents and delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Strangford Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.