“lunch at the Parlour” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Newtownards
“lunch at the Parlour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Booked this restaurant on saturday 25th January and as I haven't eaten here before wasn't quite sure what to expect.
As it turned out I needn't have worried as the menu was quite good and soon found something
I would like.
I had the ham with mash and cabbage while my guest ordered the chilli and rice.
When it arrived it was warm and of a reasonable amount.
And reasonably priced.
The only thing I found was it was a bit over seasoned , but this is a personnel preference.
I would eat here again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Nearly five star...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Parlour, which used to be The Old Cross, is a great wee restaurant . We have had lunch and dinner here a number of times since it reopened and must say the food and the service is excellent. Quite small and quirky, very friendly. Reasonable prices. The only thing stops me giving it five stars is that it is always very very cold! Every time I've been there. Was there on Sunday past and there was a gas fire burning but even though I was sitting in the closest seat to it I was very uncomfortably cold. Turn the heating up and get that last star ;)

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
tudortavern, Owner at The Parlour, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Susan S
Thank you for your comments about our restaurant. Glad that you enjoyed your food and the staff always appreciate comments about the service. We looked into why the restaurant was feeling cool as you were not the first to comment on this.You will be glad to know that we found where the problem was and have rectified it. I can guarantee that the restaurant will feel warmer on your next visit.
Hope to see you again soon
Many Thanks