We liked this hotel very much. Stayed three nights to visit the Giants Causeway and do some walking. The hotel has been thoroughly rebuilt inside a Victorian shell and has everyting to commend it. Rooms to a fine modern standard, including two comfortable chairs (not just one and a stool as often found). The rooms are well-soundproofed; there is no air-conditioning, but how many days a year would this been needed? The cost including a well-stuffed breakfast buffet and cooked option is very reasonable.
The restaurant has very good an inexpensive meals, including some remarkable cheap offers, although the three vegetarian options on the menu turned out to be down to two due to a unavailablity of Portobello mushrooms, so for variety we ate elsewhere one evening. The first night we were there it has been a public holiday and very sunny weather, so the friendly restaurant staff, like the rest of the town, were rather overwhelmed, but after that it was good service. There is no sign here of the 'troubles' for which Northern Ireland gets in the news, everyone is very friendly. The locals we met all seem to be in the pay of the tourist board, cheerfully suggesting good places to visit!
The hotel is on the Main Street, about 10 minutes walk from the railway station, which is important for us as we always travel by train. The trains are very new and offer a good service to Belfast, and there is a summer bus service to the G's causeway and ther famous rope bridge etc. The countryside and coast round about is lovely. (Although we were told that it isn't alweays so sunny!)
Two special mentions:
1. The Internet connection is the best we have even had in a hotel. One can watch BBC iPlayer etc. no 'buffering' issues.
2. We had to leave at 5.45 am to make a ferry connection, and the management arranged for the night porter to provide us with some breakfast items. Very welcome indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adelphi Portrush is like a Boutique Style Hotel, and offers unparalleled luxury coupled with a quality of service that is second to none. Situated in the heart of Portrush, Adelphi Portrush is proudly owned and managed by the Holmes family. 28 Luxury en-suite bedrooms Health suite - Spa, Sauna and Steam Spa beauty and treatment Salon Fully licensed Bistro restaurant Lift to all floors, fully accessible Free internet, wired and Wi-Fi Complimentary guest computer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Adelphi Portrush reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adelphi Portrush Hotel Portrush
- Adelphi Hotel Portrush
- Portrush Adelphi Hotel
- Adelphi Portrush Northern Ireland