“Average food with average service.” 3 of 5 stars

50 Ballyreagh Road, Portrush BT56 8LT, Northern Ireland
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Portrush
“Average food with average service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Ate in the restaurant last night. Service was slow and food was pretty bland. The manager couldn't work the till when we tried to pay. Seemed very disorganised and no personal touch at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Awful we won't be back :-(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We popped in here for a quick bite to eat on a recommendation and as it was so handy to our caravan site we thought we must try it out. The service was really slow even though the restaurant was not busy. My husband became tired of waiting for someone to take our order so went to the bar to order the food. Whilst he was doing that a waitress who may also have been the manager approached to take our order I explained my husband was ordering at the bar and she looked at me as if I had 3 heads before flouncing off I felt like a naughty school girl. I had the battered fish and chips the batter was undercooked and unpleasant. My husband had the crispy duck in a plum and caramel sauce the caramel was like toffee and was stuck to the plate my husband joked that they would have to throw the plate out as no-one would be able to scrape that off. A really awful meal.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
northern ireland
“never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

10 of us dined here and the food was the worst ever. The food was basic, not much to choose from and tasteless, very disapointing. The kids meals were £4.95 without drink or icecream overpriced for fries and a microwave burger I was disgusted. Plain food overpriced should have stayed at home and cooked much better myself rip off.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A good basic meal if you are passing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here as a family as we were staying in the Hotel. Our kids are 12 and 15.
The bar / restaurant area is not all that inviting, could be made more appealing I think. The menu was nice, and we all got a meal we enjoyed.The service is good, price reasonable. That said I wouldn't rush back. It's OK if you are passing , don't make a detour !

Visited July 2013
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

good food and service,pleasnt helpful staff.menu was varied with plenty of choice and a kiddies menu also available.

Visited July 2013