Stayed here 2 nights, very last minute, after a work issue needed us to travel to Ireland. We chose here as it was close to Giants Causeway and other places we wanted to visit, brewery etc. Room was big, clean and the bed comfy (would have slept 3 people). We could see the sea out of our window. As we traveled by plane my partner had no shaving stuff etc and this was all provided in the room. Ate first meal in hotel due to our late arrival. Food was good but atmosphere in dining room poor. Deathly quiet as only us and one other couple in. The bar was more lively later on.
Breakfast the first morning was good, plenty of choice, hot food, attentive staff. Sunday morning was a different story. Waited 15 minutes for a cup of tea, most the fresh fruit was gone, we came down only 20 minutes after breakfast first served so not like we rushed in last minute, was no brown bread for toast only white and had to ask 3 times for more butter. Not really what you need when you have a plane to drive for and arriving in time is fairly crucial.
Staff were all lovely. Women at reception printed us a map and made an excellent restaurant suggestion for a second evening. We took her up on the suggestion and it was fabulous!! (Jackman & Pye in Portrush) Overall I would stay again. Was close to town, great drive along the coast, staff were friendly, room was good.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Magherabuoy Hotel
- Best Western Portrush
- Portrush Best Western
- Magherabuoy House Hotel Portrush, Northern Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished country mansion and three-star, family-friendly hotel offering luxury, en-suite bedrooms and free on-site car parking. Some rooms with views across the Atlantic Ocean. Bedrooms include large doubles/twins, superior, family and accessible bedrooms. Broadband is free throughout and the Hotel offers a range of dining options. Tea room open Mon-Sat 10am-4pm. Carvery Lunch served on Sundays from 12.30pm-2.30pm. Food is served in the Bistro every evening from 4pm. Located under two miles from Royal Portrush, the Hotel is ideal for those wanting to sample the famous links. Also within a half hour's car drive of the Giant's Causeway and Bushmills Distillery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Magherabuoy House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.