“Sea view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Portrush
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Sea view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Was here on 5/02/2013 enjoyed it very much with my sister in law food was very reasonable & Lovely. The weather wasn't so good though at that time, but wat do u expect in February bit of a storm, sea very rough but was really good to watch, also a bit of snow that nite, other than that great time had by all thanks. Also very cheap, Will go back in the summer.

Room Tip: 2nd floor with sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RPortrush, Director of Sales at Ramada Portrush, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you had a great time with your sister in law and found our food lovely and reasonable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Mary O'Neill Group Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Having booked online and getting a great deal, I arrived at Portrush Ramada and was impressed with the location and the room I had been allocated. My room had an amazing view of the sea and was equipped with everything I needed and more. Service generally was first rate. I ate in the restaurant twice during my stay and enjoyed the residents menu which was great value. The staff were very attentive and even took the time to discuss the local area and attractions worth visiting. I will be returning to explore more of this stretch of coastline as soon as possible and when I do I shall be booking the Ramada again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments regarding our amazing view of the sea and you being impressed with the location, the room allocated, first rate service and great value. Our staff thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Portrush.
Dungarvan, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Traveling with my partner from letterkenny, donegal, arrived in the dark, during a snow/hale gale force storm... 49 sterling for double room incl. breakfast, not bad. We went straight for a nap, bedroom, basic, double with a single also, with all the basic items.
We went out to a pub recommended by staff, the harbour bar. Came back to hotel at 11.30, got a drink b4 bar closed at 12, then were moved too reception as staff heading home. Had good chat with night porter, William. Bar staff & porter very friendly.
Next morning, had breakfast, self serve, not the best, seemed a bit dried up. Had to check out by 11, which we think is way too early for a hotel. Overall staff friendly, but not too keen on the atmosphere, decor of rooms & certainly should be 12 check out.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. William and our staff thank you for your kind comments. We are sorry the breakfast and our 11.00 a.m. checkout disappointed you.
Larne; Co Antrim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for one night - the hotel was clean and I found the staff were friendly and helpful. My main problem was with the beds (both twin and double) which I found to be quite hard however this is something of a subjective judgement as I have hip problem (I was in the twin bed) and my friend who had the double bed has joint problems - I would imagine if you were younger, or fitter it would be fine.

One other minor observation - it really does annoy me when hotels in Ireland (North and South) don't train their staff how to pour Guinness correctly and give it time to settle before topping it up - having said that the Guinness was lovely as was the young man serving it.

Room Tip: If it is possible ask for a room at the front of the hotel as there is a pleasant view even though i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that the beds did not meet your preference. Our staff thank you for your kind comments.
Omagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Came down to Portrush to celebrate my wifes birthday found the Ramada to be warm friendly clean tidy and good value. We had a nice room looking onto the green and sea.Good central location and hearty breakfast

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found our hotel warm, friendly, clean, tidy and good value and enjoyed your sea view room and hearty breakfast. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel
Derry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Romantic break, hubbys 40th. Firstly Car park @ rear of hotel - dont be fooled, it holds about 10 cars (for a hotel with that has 69 rooms?????wdc) thus you have to drive about portrush to get a parking space ahhh!!! Reception staff not very pleasant it was a chore to get us to give details .Checked in to room 105 to find a lovely surprise,
our view was overlooking the beautiful carpark ahhh!!! Room is of a basic standard, 2 double beds
( romantic break wdc) and bathroom was fairly clean and very cold. My husband never ever complains (honestly) but subtly said he'd never be back. We were told menu for restaurant was in room but it wasn't, I went to get one from restraunt and I swear, you'd think I was stealing the crown jewels, I'd asked waitress if Id could take it to our room ( there was 30 odd menus) so my husband could look at it prior to coming down, but no I was told to go to reception and get a paper copy- like wdc!! Anyways we couldn't order from that menu cause it finished 5 mins ago, like the time wasted getting a bloody menu. Resulting we went out to another restraunt which was lovely.
Had a restless night, with heating blasting, gate banging in carpark, other hearing other guests in their rooms - weeing etc!!!! walls and ceilings are paper thin, it was freaking cause youd think guests were in our room/bathroom. It's now 7.30 on a Sunday morning, ( ive been awke since 3.50am) the earliest I been up on a Sunday in along long time, never mind ON a break away, I'm gona get ready for breakfast. feel this be the place for someone whos having a hen/ stag party without the entertainment or someone on serious business.
Ive never did review before but honestly i felt for the price to pay it's a very over-rated hotel, glad it was just one night- sorry

Room Tip: None and sorry and my mistake on above rating, I can't undo swimming pool or fitness centre, the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RPortrush, Director of Sales at Ramada Portrush, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are sorry you had a disappointing stay at the hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night (Friday) with my husband, nice hotel and breakfast was lovely but was disappointed that there was no entertainment put on, gave us no incentive to stay in the hotel that evening so we dined elsewhere. Our room wasn't great but clean and also we got a very good deal so not too disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our lovely breakfast and your words that you found the offer a good deal. We are sorry you were disappointed with no entertainment. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Mary O'Neill Group Marketing Manager

Been to Ramada Portrush? Share your experiences!