“Not a good touring park” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portrush
Hilltop Holiday Park
You added Hilltop Holiday Park to your Saves list
60 Loguestown Road, Portrush BT56 8PD, Northern Ireland   |
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Not a good touring park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I just spent 3 nights on the site in a motorhome and the touring site is very badly designed with uneven pitches and they are very close together. One pitch is even up close to the chemical toilet block but thank goodness we didnt get this. The site is noisy with traffic non stop and even after the gate was closed we discovered people were driving to the toilet block at all hours of the night. On the 2nd night we were in bed and children were banging the motorhome and my neighbour had the same problem. I reported it next day and was told we should have phoned security which we weren't informed about. The toilet and shower block is not big enough for the number of people using it although it was spotless. There were big queues every morning. We have stayed in many other sites in the area which are better so i wouldn't recommend this site if you have a caravan or motorhome. Considering how many people are buying motorhomes now it would be worth spending money on improving the facilities as the site is in a lovely area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Greenisland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've stayed here a few times in my touring caravan and would say this site is pretty average. There are two many static, tourers and tents on the site at any given time and it smacks of ram them in and get as much money as you can. It is simply to over crowded and if you are looking for a quiet time away this is not the place. The touring pitch is in the centre of the park and literally on a hill. Be sure to bring a spirit level and plenty of bricks as you'll need it to level your caravan. The toilet/shower block is clean and tidy but is simply to small to serve the number of people using it. I give up last time and just showered in my own caravan. You also get charged a £1 for the use of a shower. The play park is decent but could do with a makeover. If you are pitched up on the bottom field be sure to tell your kids its a 10 minute walk away. There is a cafe on site now which I haven't tried so can't comment. All in all this site is not my cup of tea and is always a last resort when everything else is booked out.

belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my second trip here to stay in one of six camping cabins. It was a child free and husband free weekend with the girls, clean cabins with electricity and your own outside table with stone for bbq. 34 in a taxi into town. Clean showers and toilets and great security. No noise at night, super for all types of visitors. Would definately reccommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the geodomes/cabins July the weather was beautiful and so was portrush.
Geodomes overall very good bit tricky getting in and out of but the heater was fantastic in them when it got chilly at night.
Cabins overall lovely inside mattress was quite uncomfortable would recommend bringing an air bed to put on top of the mattresses.
I was however disappointed on the Sunday morning when a neighbour came over and said was this my car I said yes and he said some teenagers had been throwing sticks around In the middle of the night and he saw them damage our car we had a big dent pushed in her.
We told reception but they said they weren't responsible of any damage. And never done nothing about it but take my number. Also was abit noisy at night while trying to sleep. Especially when it said quiet time between 11-8am
Toilets also I would recommend even bringing a portaloo. They where so far to walk especially in the night if you needed to go.
Overall I had a great time in portrush always do and wanted to try something new. But I am abit worried at the min if I want to come back especially when my car got damaged. And the distance to the toilet.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me , my husband and 2 teenage girls stayed in a cabin for 2 nights 7th Aug 13 - 9th aug 13. 1st time for us to stay in 1 of these. No need to bring your own beds or chairs unless you want to chill in a deck chair instead of the picnic table and bench supplied, Just bring blankets, pillows, and tea/coffee milk etc. It has a kettle toaster and fridge. 4 extra plug sockets for those mobile chargers that's always plugged in. We didn't bring a barbeque like alot did. we ate out at the Hilltop Cafe which has delicious food and great staff. we also brought out own TV and used a memory stick with films on. you can also hire DVDS from the shop/office. It has a toilet/shower block about 3-4 mins walk. hot showers are £1 for 10 mins (me and hubby had 5 mins each). me personally I have a bad back and my 1st night was painful, waking alot during the night. night 2 I propped something behind me to help. only a few mins in car to Barry's amusements too. Lidl in between park and Barry's for and last night treats.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Friendly staff. Amenities quite alright. Nice grass tent site. Takeaway on-site. Coin operated hairdryer in the bathroom. Free WiFi. Good value for a £12/night tent pitch. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm just back from staying in a rented caravan Monday 5th till Friday 9th August with my mother, partner and two young daughters, my brother his partner and there two young boys were in the caravan next to us and I can honestly say for all off us it was an amazin few days the site was so well run and matained, our first thoughts on seeing are caravans were just how much space there was inside and out I loved how every caravan had its on parking space there is soooo much I could go on saying without a doubt me and my family will defo be back next year or maybe even Easter time :) look forward to seeing yours all again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilltop Holiday Park? Share your experiences!