“An up and comer!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53/57 Main St, Portrush BT56 8BN , Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Portrush
“An up and comer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Well what can I say,great value,great location and a smashin bar!! Food was lovely and also good value. Must say,ive never had a room key with a keyring bottle opener,top drawer.and they let me celebrate chelsea winnin in my own way. We had a room with a view, smashin.we will def be back.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

stayed 25th to 26th room nice and clean.had a meal it excellant would stay here again well worth the money.the staff are friendly ,the entertainment was good

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Portadown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Spent the weekend in portrush and stayed in The Port Hotel for 1 night. My bf and i found the hotel and customer service was excellant , we instantly felt v welcome by the friendly staff, were informed of all we needed to know and shown to rroms. We were on the top floor overlooking the main street, was no noise problems at all, and the room had everything we needed. The room was very spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and cupboards. The bathroom was also very big and we had been provided with plentyof towels. The sat night entertainment was very enjoyable and great fun for all ages esp families. The breakfast the next morning was brilliant plenty to eat and againn great customer service, even as we were leaving. Overall we had a brilliant time and will def be back to stay at The Port Hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
northern ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Arrived on the 27th Jan 2012, Room nice and clean. Could hardly move in the shower so small. The room above must of had a lot of kids in the room from 6:30am the banging on the floor was horrible. Not to mention the light vibrating every time someone walked across the floor.

The main door into your room was not to secure. you could see the light in the hall way coming through the frame I dont think that would be very safe if there was a fire. And also I think if someone give the door a good push they would be in your room. Noise from the disco is very loud so would not recommend it for a quiet weeken away. Also no lifts if you have a disability.

Went to the bar to order dinner, Not the best of a menu. I ordered Buffalo wings bad think to order. It was 5/5 chicken wings burnt and covered in bbq sauce. Main meal I had champ, mashed potato with spring onions sitting on top with 2 portions in their wrapper put on top of potatoes. The chicken I had with main meal was so tuff while cutting it, it flew across the table. and the home made pepper sauce was horrible.

Entertainment at night was fine could be better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Omagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

i checked out of the port hotel after 2 nights on friday 27 jan 2012. i had been in a double room on my own and because of this the second set of towels had been removed by housekeeping after the first night as they were not needed. then half an hour after i checked out i got a phone call from the receptionest to say a set of towels were missing and had i taken them. they would need to get their facts right before jumping to the wrong conclusons about guests taking hotel property. needless to say i will not be back again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Aww i absoultly loved this hotel, me and my boyfriend stayed one nyt bed and breakfast at 45pound for the both us, staff was realli friendly, rooms fantastic, realli comfy beds very clean, realli nice atmosphere in the bar with the big fire lit, lcd tv n room with built in free view, would defs be bk again, loved it and didn wnat to go home, thanx part hotel for makin our stay the best....

• Stayed January 2012
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I am just back from a one night break in Portrush, where we (my fiancee and myself) stayed in the Port Hotel. All in all a very nce hotel, the girl on reception was friendly and very helpful, the room we had (room five) was very smart and clean. My only ,not complaint but quibble is ,the room we had was suitable for us, but would not be ideal for a family as it was directly above the bar.
Eating out was ,well, to put it mildly an expierence. People had recomended 55 degrees North, we went had two main meals,two desserts,three cokes and one beer which came to £42.50 and well to be honest I had the chicken goujons and I've had nicer out of chippies.This brings me to chippies ,we got something to eat out of Mr Chips and it was lovely,I'd recommend this place to anyone,whereas I'd advise people to avoid 55 degrees North, but back to the Port.............very nice I'd go back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Port Hotel? Share your experiences!