“Service needs attention” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newtownabbey
glengormley
“Service needs attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went here with my husband and granddaughter for lunch and although the meals were great the service was not. We didn't have to wait long on anything it was just the way the meal was served. The young girl serving our meal was very inexperienced, spoke with an attitude and spilled the portion of chips all over the table one landing in one of our drinks. We had to ask for the drink to be changed. As I have said this was a young girl and I think Corrs need to step up on training their young staff on how to treat customers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a bite of lunch on January 2nd. It was very busy but we we're greeted almost at once and shown to seats. Good selection. Of food great service and a smile. Good value for money...will vist again when next passing

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Larne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Once again this year I visited Corrs Corner as a party of 90 people intent on having an enjoyable evening.We were not disappointed;as it was last year Corrs was warm, welcoming and full of festive spirit.
I had dealt with Karen throughout our preparations for the big night and could not have asked for a more helpful, professional and reassuring person to work with.
When the big night arrived we were given a very warm welcome in delightful surroundings.The meal was excellent with service to match.Worthy of mention is Lori on reception;Lori is polite helpful and professional reflecting the general feeling that nothing is too much trouble.
Thanks to everyone at Corrs we had a great night and will return next year. As I said last year do yourself a favour and pay Corrs a visit you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Six of us had the Christmas dinner in the Hotel Restaurant. I had the Chicken Caesar Salad for a starter. It was adequate not much chicken though & the croutons were tooth breaking! The traditional main course of Turkey & Ham was very good though. Very tasty and served with lots of stuffing, sprouts, carrots , mash, roasties & chips. I opted for the Pavalova for dessert which was also very nice. All with coffee & mints for £25.95. The service was a bit hit & miss as I ended up having to go to the bar for my own drink after waiting for 10 minutes when I arrived & we also had to ask for teaspoons for the tea it coffee, but the staff were friendly. & more than helpful when we did make a request. There was a reasonably priced wine list with adequate wines around £15.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Wallsend,England.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel 3 times over the last couple of years and not once have I had anything to complain against. As usual this week I received a very warm welcome on booking in and because of my late arrival used the room service which was very quick and the food was fantastic such big portions I could eat it all and I do like my food. The Bedroom was very comfortable and I was very pleased with the large flat screened tv. The next morning I had the Irish breakfast which was huge as well. I will definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
co antrim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

a Decent restaurant, which is busy every time i visit. Solid traditional food along with an indian themed series of specials, contrast the offer. Great serviec, Good selection of wines and beers. Immediately beside a dual carriageway, and main roundabout towards M2.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have had the pleasure of bringing tour groups to this hotel during 2013. The accommodation is outstanding, the food is plentiful & the chefs put their hearts into each dish as it is amazing. The staff are welcoming from the time you arrive until you depart & nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend this hotel if you are on business, a group of friends & families. It is simply unbeatable

Room Tip: Choose a superior guest room as they are very spacious & the plasma tv is a big bonus