“A Beautiful road tour of Northern Ireland along the coast” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Anna Maria, Florida
“A Beautiful road tour of Northern Ireland along the coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I were extremely pleased with a customized all day road trip with Alister up through County Antrim to visit a church where my great-great grandfather Daniel Eaton was married and through Ballymena and on through the Glens of Antrim,Cushendun, and a trip off of Torr Head that no bus could travel on and with riviting views of Scotland and the Coast. We hit all the major attractions, such as Donluce Castle,Giant's Causeway,Bushmills Distillery,Ballintoy,white park bay and Carrick-a-rede, and others. We had time to stop and take photos along the way.Alister has an eye for photography and a huge amount of knowledge about NI. We stopped at a great place for lunch and a wonderful place for scones and tea. Of 15 days on our trip,this was our best day He gave us a fair price and more than we asked for, and we didn't have to drive.

Silver Spring, MD USA
6 attraction reviews
“Giants Causeway & A Bit of Belfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We and another couple on a cruise ship arranged for a City & Causeway trip to the Giants Causeway. I usually do things on my own if possible rather than arranging a driver or private tour. However, we weren't scheduled to get into Belfast until noon and I didn't think I could find anything appropriate and reliable for the afternoon. I had not met the 4 other people who wanted a tour arranged by this company, but since we both contacted point man Alistair the same time, all 6 of us decided to pair up on the trip. Alistair's communications were excellent (email & phone) and we gave him an idea of what we wanted to see. Driver/tour guide Michael met us promptly after the ship arrived, and after a little bit of discussion, we were off to see the Antrim coast. The van (or whatever it is called) was comfortable and well maintained. 5 of us sat in the back with one person up front. If you're one of those people who doesn't like to ride backwards, keep in mind that a few of you may have to - unless, of course, you can arrange something else with Alistair. With 6, we were comfortable but I don't know how easily 8 people could be fit in there! We stopped briefly along the way to admire the gorgeous rolling hills, and then stopped at a viewpoint for the Carrick a Rede rope bridge so I could at least see it. (The group had decided that to visit and walk across it would have taken too long, but I did want to at least see it.) After a short while it was on to the Giants Causeway, where we were dropped off and told we could meet Michael in the parking lot. After a good visit there, we went for a short visit to see the outside of Dunluce Castle and/or have a wee bit to eat at the Wee Cottage very close by. We were also taken to see the gorgeous twisted trees from HBO's Game of Thrones fame. Then we went back via inland, faster route, to Belfast, where we had a quick driveby tour of the west Belfast murals and some of Belfast's attractions. Then it was back to the port. We were out about 6 hours as planned, but could have stayed out a little longer if we had planned that in advance. 6 hours ended up being fine for us.

Keep in mind that this is a personalized tour, so if you want to see something or don't want to see something, that can easily be arranged, as long as time allows and you make it known up front. Also, if you're the type of person who wants to know everything about everything you see orpass, OR the type of person who doesn't want a lot of chatter from a tour guide, you should give your guide some hints on what you want! Michael was fairly quiet with us, especially on the drive up to Giants Causeway, but that was probably OK for our group. (I know it was for me!) You can ask questions from the back seat of the van, but if you want to ask a million questions, you might want to sit up front with Michael! Up on the Antrim Coast, there is a famous golf course, a famous distillery, Causeway Visitors Center, and probably a few other things I wasn't aware of, but if you'd rather spend your time at one place or a couple only, the choice is yours. I felt it was worth every penny we gave Michael, and other than tip and food at Wee Cottage, plus one euro to ride the bus back up top at Giants, there are no additional costs. While the Causeway is, of course, not exactly deserted, it is something that is very worthwhile to see and photograph, and the scenery around there is definitely stunning. I would recommend City & Causeway Tours with no reservations.

Cairns, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“magnificent tour of Antrim coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Booked the tour with Alister knowing I would be in Belfast on the 9th. He was waiting on the pier for me and it was the start of a memorable day. The van used is able to take roads that a bus cannot. Although we occasionally hit a spot of rain generally sights were good. When we got to the Ballycastle area, Scotland was easily seen as were Torr Head, Rathlin island. In Ballintoy the famous rope bridge is seen before reaching Giants Causeway. You'll need your camera and good walking shoes as you traverse the columnaded causeway pillars. An archway of Beech trees was a special treat, again because we could go where the coaches could not. Alister knows this area and history and willingly shares what delights him and his visitors. I had a terrific day and highly recommend this company. Worth every pound!!

Victoria, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“A great day trip from Belfast! Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family made our first visit to our fathers home town in Belfast . We all were in London and decided we wanted to see Belfast and the surrounding area . We by fluke luck had Alister bring us in from the airport and he mentioned his company did day trip tours of northern Ireland . We called the next day and booked a day with Stephen. He did an amazing job and filled us in on lots of info and legends of the surrounding countryside . We originally planned to rent a car but I'm glad now that we didn't as it wouldn't have been anywhere near the day that we had with Stephen. If you want to see the area don't hesitate to book with them. They use nice modern vans which give you a much better view than a car, and are very comfortable. By the end of the day It was like having a family member pick us up and show us around. We werent back in our apt an hour and he had sent us photos! This was after a 10 hr day!...well worth the money!....Don't hesitate to book with this company!!

Shenzhen, China
“An exellente trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's just amazing!!!It's good,wonderful,bueatiful and friendly.The guide was so good.It was Steph~
I am from China.He talked to me very slow because my English is not as good as English people.He was friendly,kind and also nice.

I really want to go there once more!!! XD

Visited July 2013