“Food first class” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Carrickfergus
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated beside Ireland's most well preserved Norman Castle at the heart of the Carrickfergus Marina, the Swift Complex offers superior dining and leisure just 20 minutes from Belfast City. When you visit The Swift Complex you will find the stunning restaurant, the chic Cocktail Bar, Carrick's home of sport Swift Sports Bar, great deals at the Wine Porter. At The Swift we understand that your leisure time is precious, that's why we are committed to providing you with only the best in food, drink and live entertainment. We hope you enjoy your experience with us.
northern ireland
“Food first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had lunch yesterday and was very impressed with food. This has been my third visit to the swift restaurant over the past 2 months and each time I have not been disappointed. I highly recommend a visit and will be looking forward to visiting again in the new year to try out their new menu.

Bangor, United Kingdom
“I cannot believe I have not tried here before..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Myself and two friends had Christmas lunch here today and it was fantastic. We were first attracted to the wonderful looking building. We got a pleasant greeting and our waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly. We knew we were having Christmas dinner but I did have a look through the clear and extensive menu and found lots of dishes I would happily try. The restaurant was clean and cosy with a nice lunchtime buzz from the other diners who also looked like they were enjoying the place. The food though was the best part. Well presented, hot and very tasty indeed. The staff could not have been better and we were well looked after throughout our stay. Afterwards we got talking to the lovely and personable manager who gave us a tour of the whole building. I must say i was blown away by how lovely and well decorated the entire building is. If this place was on my doorstep it would definitely be my local place to go. For now though, it will remain an occasional treat that I would happily advise anyone to indulge in.

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Superb restaurant and music venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have had a couple of evening meals at the Swift recently and I can highly recommend it. The chef is making a real effort to provide food that looks wonderful and tastes delicious. Staff are courteous and helpful. When you have finished the best meal you have had in Carrickfergus their is also a brilliant music venue upstairs with quality live bands most Friday and Saturday evenings.

Newbury
“Surprisingly good lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Have never been to Carrickfergus before and chose The Swift as a place to have lunch as it was next to the Castle which we were visiting. The quality of the food was excellent. I had a fish dish which was fresh and the vegetables were perfectly cooked. The venue was pleasant and reasonably busy. The service was fairly slow however and an extra bottle of water (provided free on the table) never arrived. Staff were however friendly and I look forward to going there again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast
“Food poor not what I could hold down not what it use to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Food has gone down hill from it has change hands it's not the old friendly self the meat was jaw breaking the sweet at the end was not what it said it was left with bad night feeling

• Visited November 2013