“Coffe and scones” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Coffe and scones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Small but friendly atmosphere, scones are beautiful, espresso not bad either. sandwiches are freshly prepared and represent good value

Visited November 2012

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Lovely wee place out in the back of beyond.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Enjoyed a really good lunch here with my mum, my two sisters and myself. Had heard through a recommendation from another family member we should try Season, as it was good. When we arrived we weren't sure what to expect as this restaurant is just up the road from a council facility (recycling centre). However we were pleasantly surprised, as going through the Garden Centre, there were directions to the coffee shop, and it all looked very clean and well kept. Then a bit of concern as the place was on the next floor up and we had my mum in a wheelchair. We needn't have worried though as there was a ramp, and this proved no problem going up, although a wee bit steep coming down again, so need two to negotiate it. But having said that we were seated comfortably with mum at a table for four and we all enjoyed a lovely lunch, I had the brie,bacon and tomato panini, which was particularly good. It goes without saying we will be back here in the near future as the cakes made a good impression too, in more ways than one!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This coffee shop, set in the cosy first floor of the lovely 'GROW' garden Centre, is just the sort of place we hoped to find when searching out a nice place to eat. We were just delighted when we walked upstairs to find exposed brick and beams, with painted walls and olde worlde items to give the place a real character feel. I'm smiling while I'm writing this, thinking of the exceptionally warm welcome we got from the friendly owners/staff, despite the fact that they had just finished a hectic lunch period. This time we had coffee and scones, yum yum, and next time we're going to try one of their delicious-sounding paninis. There definitely will be a next time, as it has the most relaxing atmosphere, papers to read, nothing is too much trouble. These people have just got everything right. I know I sound like I'm going overboard about this place, but I'm just thrilled to have found somewhere so lovely! We really enjoyed our trip round the garden centre afterwards, and again, the owner of it was extremely helpful and pleasant. Oh, and to round it off, it has a lovely view of the Belfast lough!

• Visited September 2012