Arrived at the hotel to a warm welcome by reception, we trooped up the stairs along the corridors to our rooms. (If disabled or not fond on steps this place is not for you). The rooms are lovely and much better than I expected for a 2* accommodation. (get the impression on passing another room that its currently been updated).
Its in a perfect location for the new marina, with fab restaurants and beautiful walks along the sea front.
I can recommend the breakfasts here with very helpful staff to a party of mixed appetites! We chose to eat elsewhere in the town as there are some really nice restaurants/grills.
Can I please warn you that this hotel is a very popular local pub with evening entertainments that are very loud!!!! this includes Sunday nights! Check their website for these before booking. The men in our party loved it and stayed in the bar into the early hours of the morning!
The staff couldnt have been more helpful and after all that I have said it is a fantastic place to stay and a good base for checking out the rest of Northern Ireland.
- Also Known As:
- Dobbins Hotel
- Dobbins Hotel Carrickfergus
- Dobbins Inn Hotel Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Inn dating back to 15th Century, with many a ghostly tale, located in the heart of Carrickfergus.15 well appointed bedrooms, ensuite & with complimentary WIFI. Popular bar lounge & restaurant serving traditional food throughout the day.Small meeting room for personal dining or team conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Dobbins Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.