“Yum yum yum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria

Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
Thomas Street, Dungannon, Northern Ireland (Formerly Canos)
Website
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Tyrone
“Yum yum yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We had a take out pizza last night... Cano's house special and a half Romano half Caprino! Excellent value for money and it was ready so quick! All I can say isYum Yum Yum! Can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Northern Ireland
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked a table of 6 for 9.15 and was told there was a 15 grace period, if we were late we lost the table. Out of politeness I called to say we were running 10 minutes late to which we were told no problem. When we arrived at 9.25 we were left standing for 15-20 minutes before anyone even made an attempt to explain there was a delay. The "manager" did everything she could to avoid coming anywhere near us. Eventually after 30 minutes we were shown to our table and sat down at 10.00. A young girl apologised for the wait but it was too little too late.

Food was fine, but at that stage the evening was ruined. Had we not been celebrating a birthday we would have left.

When paying the bill I spoke to the girl to air our problems and I got a blank 'OK' and 'Sorry you had to wait' I asked to speak to the manager who again after leaving me wait came to speak to me. I explained what had happened and instead of the simple apology I was expecting she argued with me, saying it wasn't her fault that the table wasn't ready. Again I tried to explain why we were annoyed and again she argued with me and continued to argue, and then argued some more for good measure.

I have never encountered someone so unsuited to the hospitality industry. Rude and ignorant don't even begin to describe this woman. In the end I just paid the bill and left, and I will not return. The woman who is possibly the owner had several attempts to resolve the situation chose instead to blame everyone but herself. I hope more people are treated this way by this woman and they too can avoid returning.

As I said NEVER AGAIN!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“ignorant bad mannered staff who cant take an order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

i would have been to canos quite regularly but after the cheek and ignorance of the snotty teen staff on saturday evening i dont think i will be back , we had booked a table for four that was three adults and a two year old child but ended havin an extra 12 year old with us , we moved a table over to make room at our table for everyone only to be told what do yous think yous are doing you had only booked a table for five move that table back , me and the people i was with were disgusted by the lack of enthusiasm that was made to accomadate us, the girl said we are booked up and need that table, so we ate our food all 6 of us cramped round a table for 4 the food was ok as it always is the service which is usually good was terrible we finished our food and the place was still empty theres was twetny free seats in the top half were we were seated when we left so i still cant understand what the girls problem was with us moving the table as she was obviously either completly stupid or completly ignorant quite possibly both, with her treating customers the way she treated us it wont be long till people go and spend their money elsewere

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Not what people make it out to be at all.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Knowing people from Dungannon I've heard talk about Canos but having visited it I was less than impressed. For a start it was extremely dark, the tables were dirty and the staff payed little attention to the tables they were waiting. Not only did they not have what I wanted from the menu, but what I settled for was burnt and tasteless. I won't be returning.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dungannon
“Love Cano's, keep going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Absolutely love Cano's, me and my partner go quite a bit and the food is lovely, he gets the pizza and I always get the chicken goujons - great portion sizes and very filling. Reasonably priced too! Desserts are also amazing and they have a great selection! Can be romantic, relaxed or a wee family night out. We were served by one waitress who is lovely every time and always smiling. Some others lack a smile but it's the same anywhere you go! Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited July 2012