“Top notch...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Top notch...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Been to Viscounts many times.....surroundings, decor, staff and food are always excellent. If anybody can honestly say one bad thing about this place I just cannot imagine what it would be.

Visited March 2013

82% Recommend
Armagh, United Kingdom
“great "local feel " restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had,nt been here for a good few years but it was just as we remembered it. Great food, Large portions an abundance of staff and a really lovely atmosphere about it.
Service was quick and efficient. The decor about the place is a conversation piece on its own. Really good food and does,nt break the bank.
All in all I would definitely reccommend.

Northern Ireland
“Many lovely things to say and only one MAJOR negative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am from the local area and have been to the viscounts many times! We all love it mainly because of the quality and defiantly the quantity of food!
We all love our food in our house and portion size counts!
The place is always beautiful clean and tidy! The staff are always polite even when they are under pressure!
It is always busy I recommend you book your table! However been so busy the wait time is very short there has only been a few occasions where we had to wait for longer than expect (but very few)
I have never had an issue with the food always what I ordered and cooked how I like it! Just beautiful, I never leave the viscounts hungry!
One Major let down for me is the owner…Nigel! My goodness the man has no people skills what so ever your lucky if you ever get a smile never mind and other kindness. You will no him if you go...black suit...always takes your order..always look depressed. He just really ruins the experience for me some times I have to say especially if he’s in a very bad mood I think personally if he treats his customers like that he should have the manager taking food orders then we might all feel a bit more welcome!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shankill, Ireland
“A special experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We really loved Viscounts. You go upstairs to the bar to wait to be called for your table. They serve you drink and then when your table is ready, the waiter escorts you to your table and carries your drink for you. This is really nice and you are made feel like a VIP. The food was excellent. Had cheesy garlic bread for starter. Delicious. Creamy and not starchy. My main was medallions of beef with champ and tobacco onions. Outstanding. Sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Again fabulous. The location is great. It feels special. The staff are very friendly. It's not the cheapest night out but it really can't be beaten for a special occasion

Armagh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to the viscount for the first time last night. This is truly a great restaurant. Great atmosphere. Fantastic food and plenty of it. Friendly professional staff who make you feel really welcome. Can't wait to go back again to try out some of the other dishes on the extensive menu.

• Visited March 2013