“Left out in the cold” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Left out in the cold”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A similar experience to other reviewers here. My friend had booked the table by phone a few days previously. I was the first of our party to arrive to be told we didn't have a table booked. My friend that had made the booking arrived and tried in vain to sort it out. We were offered little in a way of an apoogy and basicly told tough and there was nothing could be done. A ruined night out basicly. A shame because i'd eaten there before and the food was quite good but there are plenty of other good places to eat in the area which is something they should keep in mind when they're showing people to the door.for a mistake they made.
I'd recommend only booking in person where you can actually witness your name being written in the book !!

Visited February 2013

N Ireland
“Lovely lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I visited Villa Vinci with a group of friends, for lunch, in September 2012. I found the meal and customer service to be of a high standard and therefore I would be pleased to return again.

Visited September 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Pure disaster!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited this restaurant mid december 2012 for lunch on my way home from a family funeral, my elderly aunt and mother were there, along with partner and baby. We ate off the christmas lunch menu.

Soup was lukewarm and had the most awful taste. The turkey and ham dinners were like rubber, very very small portions. The brussels, carrots and parsnips were rock hard and uncooked. One little spot of gravy on the plate. Ordered goujons and CHIPS for the baby, over cooked goujons and WEDGES came out, again rock hard. (£7.50 for babys meal...a joke!!)

Total bill = £58

I was that ashamed of the terrible meal I just paid and left without complaining as there were other people in the restaurant that I knew and I did not want to cause a fuss, also was not in the form as we had just left the funeral. On reflection, I wrote a letter of complaint 3 days later to the manager. I waited 5 weeks, but still no reply so I rang the manager. Got no joy from manager, very cheeky attitude on the phone and completely denied receiving my letter of complaint, so I went in and spoke to him face to face the following evening. I explained again that I did not complain at the time in an attempt to solve the matter discreetly, I then went on to explain that I had rights as a customer because the meal was so awful. He said he would speak to a higher level boss, again he denied receiving the letter which I find very strange as I sent it first class 3 days after my visit. He rang me the next day, said that a member of staff who was on holiday had received the letter even though I had addressed it to the manager himself. Again he refused to do '' absolutely nothing '' about the meal and hung up the phone on me. Overall, he did not even offer a refund or a voucher which I gladly would have accepted and forgot about the previous experience altogether. I will never set foot in this place again, and I will advise all my friends who dine there to boycott it in future. Myself and my large family dine out most weekends, and this is by far the worst meal I have had in 20 years....Never again.....!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Northern Ireland
“Brilliant food, service & setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been here on 2 occasions noq and both timee the food and service has been fantastic! if booked ( which is advisable due to it being quite busy and smallish) double check on the day to ensure time etc is correct!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had a great nite in this restaurant went there for a small birthday celebration and the staff really made us feel special. The food was excellent - super steaks, delicious pastas and pizza was to die for. Great restaurant for all tastes and we will be back.

• Visited January 2013