“Not amazing, but still very good.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not amazing, but still very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Liked their service - we'd had a booking for stag group forgotten by the nearby ginger Indian, so Dhaka came to our rescue. Some unusual menu items to make a change from the standard choices.

Visited August 2013

wales
“Only Place For A Curry In Carmarthen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Authentic Bangladeshi leaning, genuinley vairied dishes that are well seasoned and beautifully cooked, you will find no better in carmarthen,

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“What a lovely surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Indian meals ive had for a while. Lamb shank, duck tikka and various sides. All beautifully presented and delicious. Thouroughly recommend

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hastings UK
“The l-o-n-g-e-s-t wait to be fed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

They're trying hard here - but not hard enough, on the service front. I went along as a lone female diner and was greeted charmingly (not always the case). A free popadum and chutneys followed, but within a couple of minutes I'd made up my mind what to eat. It then took ages - maybe 20 minutes - to place my order; there was a lot of takeaway business being dealt with quickly, but in-restaurant diners were having a slow time. My food arrived 40 minutes later; I was literally counting down to walking out at that point. The food itself was just about OK (a little bland, if I'm honest), but the cardamom rice - 'NEW', it says on the menu - was dreadful. I must have picked out of my mouth out 20-30 cardamom pods, pieces of wood (I'm sure they were a spice - cinnamon?) - and some kind of hard, dry green leaf that looked like a pale bay, but wasn't. Deeply flawed dish and a really unpleasant eating experience. What I got really quite upset about was ordering a second small bottle of mineral water and having to wait 15 minutes (and ask several times) before it arrived. 'We are waiting for ice', was the response. I said I didn't care about ice - I wanted water. But then the waiters went back to chatting among themselves at the counter. In all, it was over an hour from entering the restuarant to getting my food, and there were only three tables occupied. Don't go if you're hungry, or in a hurry.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Excellent choice of food. We went as a group of four. Everyone had something different and they were all fantastic. The food was hot, well presented and beautifully cooked. The service was of a very high standard, they were in no hurry to get us out of the door once our meal was finished like they do in so many places. Definitely one to revisit. Very reasonably priced as well.

Visited April 2013