“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very good waiting staff, without being over the top. Great menu with plenty of choice, food is well seasoned and fresh.

Carmarthen
“Not Impressed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

One of my friends booked for 7 of us on a Friday evening to celebrate her birthday. She was told there would be an available table at 8 p.m. which was a little later than we wanted to eat but we settled for that and had a drink elsewhere until 8 p.m. However, when we arrived at Ginger we were told that they were "running late" and could we "come back in 20 minutes". We said that was not acceptable so eventually (and somewhat reluctantly) a table for 4 had another smaller table added to it and we had to make do with that. Upon being asked if we wanted a drink I said that as we had been inconvenienced already, in spite of pre-booking for a birthday meal, a bottle of wine "on the house" should be provided. After much arguing with an older waiter, with attitude, he reluctantly agreed that a bottle of wine would be provided and then sent a very charming young man to serve our table for the rest of the evening. The food was reasonable (but not as good as I remembered from previous visits) and I would be reluctant to book again - especially if I wanted to celebrate a special occasion. Work on your customer service Gentlemen and take a tip from the young man who served us.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I took my girlfriend and her parents to Ginger on a Saturday night. We were very lucky to get a table - I chose for the four of us and boy were we well rewarded. The food as usual (I have been here before) was fantastic and so much of it. I would highly recommend the Ginger Chicken I have never had such a dish it was simply to die for (along with the pot of ginger sauce yummy)... also this was a bargain we all had drinks and the bill for the four of us was only £64....

Thank you for an amazing experience and for the credits I now have with my girlfriends father!!!

Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
“Indian food magic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Visiting a friend in Carmarthen hospital and having to stay overnight I spotted two young coppers and asked if there was a good curry house in town. They gave us directions to "Ginger" and said that it was 'simply the best.' They were right. The food was fab but for me the most memorable part of the experience was reading a moving inscription and poem on the wall in memory of one Hassan Ahmed - their SHINING STAR they called him. I asked the manager who Hassan was and he told me he was a waiter who had tragically died in a local RTA. That wall plaque tells you more about 'Ginger' than the excellent food. Nice place, nice people.Mark Harland

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“The best Indian restaurant in the county.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Have ate at this warm, friendly and cosy Indian eatery for years and years and will continue to return due to the high level of service, standard of food time and time again and the commitment of the staff to please no matter how busy they get - and they can get busy!!! Awesome.

Visited September 2012