“Top sever” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 98 Restaurants in Huntingdon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Positioned on the River Great Ouse our stunning country pub is the perfect location to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. A converted mill, our unique building is filled with cosy corners, comfy armchairs, open log fires and boasts an impressive dining room. Chef's freshly prepared menu and our carefully selected wines, ales and lagers are served daily from lunch right through until dinner.
London, United Kingdom
“Top sever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Waiter was the best we have had here needs to show the others how its done, made conversation, answered all are questions and knew exactly what we wanted before asking. Food ok but service made it brill. Paid more than we wanted but can't really complain. Clever sales! Be back soon for sure.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice all rounder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Nice food, nice Pub, some dishes a can be little over priced.

Had the special menu today which was good, ( steak) Always know you'll get a good meal here.

Love the fire and decore. Summer outdoor spaces also and they allow dogs. Lots of choice. Staff service is ok, some are better than others!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“second choice on the night what a mistake!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Ignored for at least 5 minutes when we arrived not a good start, as the staff were chatting. Shown to our table drinks ordered but took ages to come. I ordered salmon fish cakes they came, 2 small cakes crispy on the outside and stone cold on the inside, waitress took them away I only wanted them microwaived but the chef cooked some more unfortunately 2 cold fish cakes again, so I opted for a bowl of chips!!! can't go wrong with them. I didn't pay for my meal?? but my friends paid £18 for a main course and a shared dessert, none of us had coffee as there was no decaff available. The waitress bless her was really apologetic and made sure that I didn't need to pay for my meal but the chef let the restaurent down by sending out cold food. No excuse for that. I will not go back or recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good place to have a romantic time :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been in this restaurant a few times and always had great time. I love this location! I will recommend this place if you want to take your second half for nice dinning experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St Neots Cambridgeshire
“Quality of food and service does not match the price or other similar restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went with my wife to celebrate her birthday. The first thing to note is the entry to the car park is tricky especially at night with so many pot holes around and narrow road. The parking is around the back limited for spaces and also a fair walk to the restaurant with very limited lighting. We were greeted well and taken to the furthest possible distance in the restaurant up three flights of stairs and in a corner, seemed odd for a Wednesday night. The sticky starters quality was ok, they had thought that there were two of us i.e. not three of something. The starter had loads of pitta bread and not enough of the starter. My wife had the chicken was decent portion but note the coleslaw was just raw vegetables, I had the lamb which was not cooked as I asked and was tough and the vegetables too raw. The deserts of crumble and choclate puddings were ok but nothing special. The service was non attentive and we had to go to the counter to pay for the bill after waiting 20 minutes and asked how our meals were twice is not a good sign of decent service. Ordinarily this would be good for a reasonably priced restaurant but in comparison to other restaurants in the area this was ordinary. A need to be more attentive to your customers and to provide better quality mains, more of the starters would have seen a higher rating. As the score says, it was average for the price. I didnt complain as this was my wife's birthday.

• Visited February 2013