“Superb steaks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alex's Cafe Restaurant

Alex's Cafe Restaurant
25 High Street, Huntingdon pe293ta, England (Formerly Pop Bellies)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Huntingdon
Cuisines: American, English, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
“Superb steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Agree 100% with the last review. We went with family Saturday night for dinner. Were greeted by a very friendly, polite young waitress who,with her equally friendly and polite colleague, looked after us brilliantly all night. We had the nachos share plate to start. Mum and dad had risotto balls and mushroom bruschetta. All were very good,very generous portions. Dad and I had the rib eye steak. Mum had lasagne and girlfriend had moosaka. Chunky chips with the steak were great,as was the salad and peppercorn sauce. The ladies meals were also very good and all meals were generous portions. Coffee afterwards was very good. I must also add the house red wine is excellent at a very reasonable price. Overall excellent value,clean, very good food and excellent polite service. We will all go again.

Visited November 2013

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“calamari steak heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have been a couple of times and found the best calamari ever!! My husband was very impressed with the cut of meat and grilled to perfection which is rare to find. Portions are generous. Service is top notch and clean premises and I am very fussy about those aspects. This little gem of a restaurant can only grow from strength to strength...Well done Alex and staff!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lunch at Alex's ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

It's not often I visit Huntingdon but on this occasion my sister and I went for lunch in the town center.
Let's go to pot belly's she said and on arrival we found that pot belly's had gone and instead 'Alex's'! Looked through the window and said why not, it's pleasant enough.
Waitress was polite and sat us by the window, my sister wasn't hungry so we decided to just order coffee.
The coffee was nice so I decided to order a lunch snack. The menu for lunch looked good, I did think it was a tad overpriced but went ahead and ordered anyway. Club sandwiches and a choice of French fries, curly fries or chunky chips. My sister asked for just cake to go with our second coffee. The food arrived within a good time scale, and the club sandwich was very good, the chips were homemade, I couldn't fault it, I now know why it was a little extra, plus the portion size was massive, I took half of it away for later! I tried some of my sisters walnut and coffee cake.......wow that was good, very nicely presented.Top marks to the young waitresses and the gentleman in this restaurant.

cambs
“Loads of veggie choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Lovely food, good service, def worth a visit. As a vegetarian it was a treat to have more than 2 choices! Halloumi salad is lovely.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, United Kingdom
“No longer pop bellies!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I returned to this restaurant to hopefully enjoy a lovely lunch but was disappointed to find it had changed owners.
My jacket potato was dry, prawns and Marie Rose sauce was sloppy and my colleague had a very poor baguette with chips.
This place is now very average an I would not return.