“Super Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse

You added Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Thrapston Road, | Brampton, Huntingdon PE28 4NL, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Huntingdon
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Super Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is the second time that we are here and I am writing this staying there now. Really lovely hotel, spacious clean, lovely rooms, really well appointed. The whole feel of the place is so nice.
Would recommend everyone to come. The standard is set high.
We are eating here tonight and judging by the breakfast we hope it will be good.
If only more hotels were like this....it would really make you want to come away.

Room Tip: All rooms are good,. We have slept only at the back
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your second stay with us, I am very pleased to read that you are, and have enjoyed your stays with us.

Thank you for your recommendation, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have stayed in many HI's throughout the Uk and a few in Europe. This is one of the best I have come across so far. Probably aided by the fact it only opened in September 2013. It is obviously well decorated, clean and well laid-out. The staff are excellent, from check-in to the bar and restaurant (we needed a quick evening meal before going out, but it wasn't slap-dash food).

We stayed in a room facing the race-course and found this exceptionally quiet (only 17 days racing per year). Rooms on the other side face towards the A14 but this is at some distance and over a field, guessing sound insulation is good. Rooms have aircon, a must on one of the warmest days of the year.

Plenty of FREE car parking - even enough space for a HGV with the Tour de France to have parking space!

Conveniently located just off the A1 and minutes from the A14.

I/we will certainly be using it again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us, I was pleased to read that your stay was an enjoyable one, and the team were welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
SHROPSHIRE UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed for one night, based on Trip Advisor reviews. Upgraded as a Platinum member. Executive room first class with view of the racecourse. Friendly and efficient reception.

Plentiful free parking.

Food arrangements are flexible, either in the restaurant or large open bar space. Food of good quality.
Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read we were able to upgrade your reservation to one of our Executive rooms as one of our valued IHG Reward Club members, also that you found the team friendly.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Bovington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here 27-29 June during our annual car club event. Really nice place, very new, believe it only opened last October. Loved the open plan design downstairs, this makes it really spacious and airy. Bedroom was excellent, and the bed really comfortable, rooms have aircon, TV, internet, and all the other usual extras. Food in the restaurant was really good, if a tad pricey. Recommend their fish and chips!
Hotel provided security for our cars which was good, and the bar is open as long as required, so often I have been to hotels where the bar shuts around 1130 or midnight.
There is a gym available, I used it during my stay, has a treadmill, bike, free weights etc, but as it is quite small, if there were more than, say 6 at any one time, would be a tad cramped. Lucky for me I appeared to be the only fitness freak each day so had the place to my self!

Room Tip: If you can choose, ask for a room overlooking the race course, nice views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I was pleased to read that the hotel met your expectations. The hotel did only open at the end of September last year, and therefore feedback is very important to us, as we want to ensure the service we provide is of a high standard for all our guests.

I do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the area, you will choose to stay with us again.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a new hotel which is very fresh and bright. The public areas and rooms are very clean and there is a nice patio for sitting out in good weather. It is easily accessible with electric doors and as I am a wheelchair user this was extremely good for me. The one let down in my opinion is the reception. On arrival we were told that the wheelchair accessible room on the ground floor was already occupied but there was another one on the first floor very near to the lift. Despite having booked this ground floor room in December and checked its availability two weeks before travel it was not available. I cannot understand why wheelchair accessible rooms are on upper floors - how does one get down in an emergency situation when you can't use the lift? However five minutes after we got to the room there was a knock in the door to say the ground floor room was available after all - seemed a bit strange to me. The safe in our room was not working despite following the instructions on the door. It was reported to reception and an assurance was given that it would be looked at. I am still waiting - very poor to my mind.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I was pleased to read that you found the hotel fresh and bright, and easily accessible.

We have two accessible rooms, my apologies that you were reserved the first floor room, when your preference is a ground floor room. Due to your conversation with our reception team reservations were moved to accommodate your request for a ground floor assessable room.

The hotel is fitted with two evacuation chairs, located on the first floor and the team are fully trained in there use. Should the hotel experience a full evacuation our fire plan includes the evacuation of guests requiring assistance. My apologies we were unable to fix your in room safe immediately, due to a fault that required further investigation.

Should you visit the area again, we hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Bergerac, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had a very good overnight stay here whilst attending our niece's wedding. As mentioned by previous guests, the staff on Reception were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful and courteous. Our room was spacious and very clean with pleasant and relaxing decor; all the facilities we needed and a fabulous shower!

Unfortunately, the staff on duty in the restaurant/breakfast area were somewhat slow with the service and although we had been asked what we would like to drink when we arrived, we were half way through our meal before we were able to catch the eye of someone and ask what had happened to our coffee. Having just read a previous review, I note that we were not the only ones to have experienced such a delay, and perhaps as suggested the breakfast 'welcomer' taking the coffee/tea order needs a better method to ensure everyone is served efficiently. I am afraid it does detract a little overall, from the excellent service we had received from the 'front of house' and the very pleasant, comfortable and well appointed room we had. However, we would still chose the hotel for another stay if we happened to be in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, also that our reception team were excellent. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience within our restaurant, my apologies for any inconvenience. Our Food and Beverage Manager is working with her team to ensure that the service we provide within the restaurant is of a consistent high standard.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

...another fantastic, value for money, hassle free visit to this gem of a hotel.

This is the third time my wife and I have stayed it and it is extremely difficult to fault. Advance booking rates including breakfast are ridiculously hard to beat. Rooms are clean, spacious and modern and staff couldn't be more friendly or accommodating. Customer service and satisfaction is a definite skill and staff here have mastered it.

The hotel is clearly getting more popular - noticeably busier than our previous visits - but this has had no impact on the enjoyment of our visit - we have heard no noise from other rooms or corridors.

The only disappointment I have about the quality of this hotel, is that despite looking to book for our next visit at the end of July over a month ago, it is completely booked already...word is clearly spreading!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MTurner2013, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to my team.

Should you wish to contact the hotel directly we can take a note of the date you are looking for at the end of July and call you back, if a room becomes available. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse? Share your experiences!