“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Huntingdon Marriott Hotel

You added Huntingdon Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kingfisher Way | Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Huntingdon PE29 6FL, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Huntingdon
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had a suite which was great on space. Check in very slow and a little abrupt. Restaurant food great and manager really friendly. Bathroom in the suite and room generally showing signs of being a little tired. Great location and pool a nice touch. Bed not comfy, creaky four poster.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have stayed at numerous Marriott hotels as my overall impression is very good, however having stayed here at the weekend my view has changed a little, we went for a bit to eat and a few drinks in the bar, we ordered starters and a main course each, our starters arrived and were nice, we then only got half of our main course, after waiting for a further10 minutes I proceeded to ask the waitress ( who incidentally was very helpful all night) and she told me that due to a computer glitch the second main course order hadn't gone through, she placed the order but by the time it had arrived my girlfriends meal was cold, anyway we proceeded with our evening and after watching the World Cup final we retired to our room which was very noisy due to us being very close to the A14, anyway after getting in to bed we noticed that the bed had quite a slant to one side. the next morning we went to reception and the young girl asked how our stay was and think she was a little startled when I told her we hadn't had a good experience, she replied that she would pass on our comments and get someone to contact us. We are still waiting that contact.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HuntsMarriott, Sales Co-ordinator at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Jason thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are very sorry that your dining experience did not meet your expectation and I hope it did not ruin your evening overall; please accept our apologies. I hope you enjoyed watching the World Cup final in Brookes on the big screen there certainly was a great atmosphere. Thank you for bringing to our attention the mattress our team will now fully check this to make sure it is to the expected standard. Our location just off the A14 makes the hotel easily accessible however I do apologise if you were disturbed by any road noise all of the windows are triple glazed however in the summer months with the windows open this can be less effective. Thanks again for reviewing your stay and I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here on our way back from the Duxford Airshow, and as usual so do a lot of other people. When we arrived a busload of foreign tourists had beaten us to the check in, and apart from a minor delay my partner and Mum had a drink while I checked and was dealt with very courtesly by the young receptionist. We had to wait for a late meal in the restaurant due to a myriad of different groups in the hotel, but saying that the food was excellent and the waiting staff Kim was on top form! The room was excellent, bathroom clean and well provisioned, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast next morning great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mark, thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us and for the great feedback, due to the close proximity to Duxford the airshow weekends are busy at the hotel, I am very glad however that this this did not impact your stay and you were able to enjoy the facilities. We are very proud of the team here for the service that we offer and we shall certainly pass on your kind comments. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My first stay at this particular Marriott and the check in process was fine. The receptionist explained the facilities to me and wished me a pleasant stay. The hotel offers a lot of comfort and the quality of food is good. I had room service and the food was of good quality. Breakfast was ok. I was not escorted to a table but told to find me own, although the choice of food on offer is good. When I came to check out, the service was less pleasant. I was the only person at the desk,and the young receptionist ( I know her name and am happy to provide it to the manager) without looking at me shouted out "room number"?. She did not ask me whether I had enjoyed my stay and the whole check out process was quite mechanical in nature. I did not leave the hotel feeling like a valued guest. It will not put me off staying here again, but it might not be my first choice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HuntsMarriott, Sales Co-ordinator at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had during your check out. We have passed on the feedback to the associate and will certainly review and update their training.

We appreciate your kind comment in regards to food and the comfort and will certainly pass these on to the other members of the team.

As we would like to regain your trust in our hotel please do not hesitate to get in contact with me at any time.

Kind regards - Danielle Green-Robinson - Sales Co-ordinator
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Huntingdon for one night this week. The room was clean and the food was good however Wifi did not work at all in the public areas-when I asked a member of staff for assistance, they simply said "oh, it should work" and walked away!!
When checking out in the morning, I made my way upto the reception desk only to be ignored by all 4 standing on the other side of the desk when it must have been obvious to them I was there. A lady stood in the end asked if she could help eventually and fowarded me onto "Adam" who was stood directly in front of me. He then served me while continuing to look out of the window and whispering something to another receptionist stood beside him, never looking directly at me...the customer! Adam then asked me to pay the balance outstanding on my account for my dinner the night before, of which I replied this is all paid for by my company as stated when booking. He refused to listen saying I must pay, there is no credit card attached. By this time I had become late for my morning meeting so asked if he could contact my PA regarding this as it is never normally a problem. Adam then rolled his eyes and shook his head! I gave him my PA's telephone number from which he said nothing. After no thankyou or anything at all, I asked Adam if that was ok with him. He again rolled his eyes, replied "if thats what you want to do" and looked down at his desk. No "thanks for staying", no "ill sort this out" etc, just ignorance.
It then transpired, after phoning my PA and being extremely rude to her also over the phone, Adam then found the part on the form that stated everything should be charged to the account...and said "ive found it now, bye"!!! Again, no apology or anything at all. Adam was incredibly rude to myself and my PA for something he had missed as part of his own job, and I shan't be staying here again as a result. I think Adam needs to remember who the customer is in future and learn some interpersonal skills!
On a plus side however, Chris in the restaurant was lovely, a great asset to the hotel and full of conversation and provided great service.

• Stayed July 2014
HuntsMarriott, Manager at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for your review on July 10th. We deeply regret the experience you had during your check out and offer our sincere apology. After receiving your review, we gave the associate feedback and have required him to take additional training in verbal and non-verbal communication skills.

We appreciate your kind comment in regards to our restaurant service, cleanliness and food quality and I will certainly pass this on to the relevant managers.

Axel – Director of Operations
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was only staying for one night but had a very pleasant stay. Room was clean and modern with a comfortable bed and very reasonably priced when compared with some of the other budget hotels in the area. My only gripe is that some delightful individual ran through the corridors at 2am knocking on all the doors - not he hotel's fault but it did rather spoil my sleep which is never good. Apart from this the hotel was very quiet even on a Saturday night so the whole thing was a bit weird really.

Hotel is less than 30mins drive from Cambridge but watch for all the average speed cameras! Breakfast was very good and cheaper if you get it at check in rather than online which is interesting. Overall I would certainly return and would definitely reccomend.

Room Tip: Car park view is best as there are a few busy roads around the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HuntsMarriott, Co-ordinator at Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback, we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. It’s great to know that you were able to take advantage of our special offer for breakfast and enjoy our full breakfast buffet – which we are very proud of. We are very fortunate with our proximity to Cambridge and the easy access onto the A14, which makes us a great place to stay when visiting Cambridge. We do hope that you will visit us again soon.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Only 30 minutes north of Cambridge, this hotel is close to both the A1 and the A14.
Friendly staff on check-in, good sized Premium guest room, excellent buffet breakfast. Check-out was speedy although we were not given the code to the car park barrier and had to return from the car park to the desk to obtain it.
All in all, a decent hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for this fantastic feedback, we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate with our proximity to Cambridge and the easy access onto the A14, Cambridge is a fantastic place to visit with great shopping, restaurants and or course the historic colleges of Cambridge - we do hope that you were able to make the most of your trip to Cambridge. We hope that we can welcome you back next time you visit Cambridge.

Been to Huntingdon Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!