“Birthday party” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Huntingdon Marriott Hotel

You added Huntingdon Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kingfisher Way | Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Huntingdon PE29 6FL, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience dining package
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Huntingdon
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Birthday party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated my husbands 70th birthday with a dinner at the hotel....Elly the events manager organised everything even though there was only 17 of us....nothing was too much trouble... I would like to give a special mention for Carys our waitress, she was so good and treat us like royalty, the chef even put together a special desert for the birthday boy....In the morning Christine organised the cutting of the birthday cake..The bedrooms were spacious and comfortable.I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's a Marriott. Rooms are decent, not too large and not too small. Bathroom a little cramped, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Location is decent with easy motorway access, parking was a little annoying as you have to get the daily code (posted at the reception desk) to exit the parking lot.
The building itself is a little dreary, but in-line with other Marriott properties around England. The hotel restaurant is surprisingly small and gets overwhelmed when lots of guests arrived. During my visit, the hotel was fully booked and the restaurant was unable to seat me for dinner. Food is available at the bar, but service was very slow and with the matching expensive Marriott price tag.
The location is convenient by car, but there is nothing within walking distance - a little disappointing for us right-hand drivers who would rather walk then drive.
Overall an OK hotel, but I'll probably stay in Cambridge proper if I visit again.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor to avoid the sound of people walking over your head at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Huntingdon for 2 nights while I went to business meetings during the day. The hotel is geared for business travellers, meeting rooms and conversation areas. It is located out of town by the motorway so you need a car to get around. It was quiet with a clean room, excellent bathroom and an adequate restaurant. They claim to get meals out within a specific time for lunch but failed to do so and I had to leave for a meeting before the food arrived. Given that it is a business hotel, in-room wifi should be included in the tariff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights with family and friends, rooms were unbearably hot, ac useless, WiFi 6 quid an hour!!!!! OMG really sort it out. Having said that room was nice, good size, bathroom good size, nice power shower. I would stay here again but would appreciate a sensible WiFi price or even free, as most hotels in Europe and the US.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The service....friendly but friendly is not professional.
The rooms ok, clan but bloody warm even in October with the window open!
The food....I had breakfast every day and although the grapefruit was nice....the english breakfast was a hit and a miss.....often with dried up fried eggs left out and not replaced with fresh but with a buffet breakfast little else to be expected.
I had dinner one night with Carribean chicken skewers and it was bland to say the least and the carribean rice tasted like Uncle bens bland boil in a bag.....awful.

The worse part was being told I had to eat my dinner in the bar as they had a company dinner in the restaurant and then the following morning being squashed in a corner of the same restaurant so they could accommodate the company guests at tables with their names on....never have I seen this pactice anywhere in a Marriot or any other hotel on this planet.
I felt like a poor relation and was teated like one too....

This very morning I asked the staff to change the soup spoon to a breakfast spoon....appraently all the company guests had been given the corect spoons and they had run out......small issue but it says so much about the mentality of the management thinking....

I had always stayed in the George Hotel previously and I am looking to come back in March from Singapore and may well go back there.....maybe not as new but the staff and service are the same for every customer...first class.

Room Tip: Take a fan to keep cool......they are so hot!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night only as it was close to The Captain's Table River cruise which we had booked for the Sunday lunch. it's a marvellous experience and highly recommended, I used the cruise for my birthday treat and it was wonderful, Thank You Lynn and everyone for making a lovely birthday memory.

Anyway, back to the hotel. My wife and I stayed for one night ( a Saturday) and prebooked a table for 7.30pm to dine. When we arrived late evening, we had a long journey and wished to amend our dining to an earlier time to 7pm. This was done by reception at check in without fuss and was not any problem. Top marks!

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we found our stay and the staff we encountered to be first class. Cerys? and Daniel in the restaurant were so attentive to us for our evening meal and we noted,they were the same to all the guests even though they were stretched with a large party that night.

They were back on duty for breakfast with the same warm welcome and excellent level of service. They are a credit to this hotel and we both felt they deserved the high review.

We stayed in room 125 which was very comfortable clean and quiet, a lovely room. We would without hesitation recommend staying here. If we were to be picky and I stress this is really looking to find a criticism, after the meal, we found the lounge area to be a little basic based on the other hotels we have used and reviewed to date but as the hotel we felt is more geared to business travel, it was fine.
I must strongly stress that this is being really picky and the only down side if you wish to call it that. We didn't use the health facilities so can pass no comment.

We both feel though that this is a great hotel to stop at with first class staff who made our stay most welcome. 10/10!

We may stop at Maidstone soon for another one night stop off visiting so will see how that compares.

First Class Huntingdon Marriott!

Room Tip: Book room 125. It's a quiet room with a good night sleep guaranteed!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here with 5 friends for the weekend, rooms all nice, comfy beds, although rooms were really hot even though had the window open. Used Tesco vouchers (although not for me as mine have got lost in the post!) Breakfast is buffet style and there is lots of choice, and they will do poached eggs etc to order. Ate dinner on the first night when we arrived and ordered fish and chips which was really nice. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. Went for swim, steam and jacuzzi Sunday morning which was lovely, nice size pool, changing rooms quite large and decent hairdryers there, much, much better than the ones in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Huntingdon Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!