“Great, relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thorpe Lodge Farm

Thorpe Lodge Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntingdon
Thorpe Lodge Farm
You added Thorpe Lodge Farm to your Saves list
Ellington, Huntingdon PE28 0AP, England   |
Ranked #13 of 19 Huntingdon B&B and Inns
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Great, relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed few nights at Thorpe Lodge Farm. I had lovely double room overlooking fields. Room was nicely furnished with all amenities (including even mini fridge with fresh milk), clean and well kept. Breakfast were delicious and ample. I found owner to be very friendly and helpful. It is very nice and quiet B&B.

Room Tip: Double room above dining hall has great views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was the last, and worst, B&B we stayed in on a 3 week tour of England and Scotland using only B&Bs, all the others were very good or excellent.
When we arrived we were not sure where the B&B was as there is no sign. We had rung the owner 2 hours before we arrived and advised them we would be there at 6pm. Nobody answered the door and and we could not find anybody around the property so had to leave and came back 2 hours later. The man who answered the door said he was there all the time. The welcome was non existant, we were shown our room and then abandoned.
The room was terrible. We had no room to open even one of our 2 suitcases in the room and had to open them in the hallway. The bed was bad and, from memory, there was not much privacy in the bathroom.
But the real shocker is the pump for the whole B&B being in the bedroom. We were not warned about this apart from a notice on the cupboard door which you do not see until you get into bed - but you certainly hear it!!! We complained about this, the lady said she was going to get the bed removed as soon as she could, but I doubt it. This was written 2 years after YorkshireLewie's review and it is still there.
The breakfast was very good but spoiled by the owners having a domestic dispute in the kitchen, which made us feel very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid room with pump in it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed with my two daughters (16 & 5 yo) as a respite from usual hectic life. TLF stood out from the others on web as it looked clean & Jenny was very friendly when I spoke. Place was nice & peaceful, rooms clean with many added items like fridge, DVD. Cooked breakfast delicious & she very kindly fried up stuff I had brought with me. And served stuff the way people like it - very thoughtful though must be a chore to cater to. In the rooms attention to details is brill - talcum powder, cotton buds in bathroom & biscuits in the room along with the usual things.

I think the review just below was for some other place as it really doesn't sound like TLF.

My girl loved the horses & farm animals there - added bonus. Only minus point - being from London felt a bit wary of outer bedroom door not locking but it did have an inner one which did.

If you are looking for a quiet peaceful break this is it. Cambridge, Ely, Huntingdon are just a short drive away for sightseeing/ food. I will have to come up with an excuse to stay here again!

Room Tip: Was in family room which was spacious & looked out on farm.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked a room. I thought I was going to be staying in a peaceful rural spot. Big mistake.

There is no sign on the house indicating that it is a B & B; there was no friendly and welcoming reception, in fact the person who opened the door to me, had no idea who I was, nor what room I was supposed to be in. I was told, on finally being shown a room, that the pump for all the showers in the other rooms was housed in a cupboard in my room. I was told that "most people would have showered before midnight".

Since I was due to be up at 6am the following day, I decided to have an early night. Unfortunately, someone else decided to have a shower at 10.15pm. It sounded just like Concorde at the foot of the bed and went on for nearly 15 minutes! In addition, there was a tremendous noise every time somebody flushed the toilet in other parts of the house. The owners really need to spend some money getting the plumbing sorted out professionally.

It was beautifully peaceful outside, but inside it was horrendous. The constant hum of the noisy refrigerator, which housed a cup of milk and a small bottle of water, drove me to distraction, and I had to turn it off.

The room itself was filled almost entirely with a standard-size double bed which had a thin, hard mattress on it and hard pillows. I would have happily forgone the biscuits provided, in lieu of a really comfy bed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Lovely farm in a lovely location the owners make you very welcome. Lovely views from all the rooms. The breakfasts were very good and the local pub ( The Mermaid) served really good meals. The rooms were clean and comfortable and worth the £60 a night for a double. Ideal base if you are a fisherman with Grafham Water just 2 miles up the road.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

This is an absolutely gorgeous bed & breakfast in a quiet farmhouse just half an hour out of Cambridge. The farm and the surrounding neighborhood are peaceful and very beautiful. The owners are very helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean and well furnished (including WiFi, a DVD player and a stereo, as well as a selection of tea, coffee, and even cookies), and the breakfast was to-die-for. And all that for just 30 pounds per person! Totally perfect for a night out of busy London!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Thorpe Lodge Farm? Share your experiences!