“very friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Newry
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Greenan’s SteakhouseSituated in the Mourne Mountains this location has it all - from the serenity of the beautiful Mountains and countryside.Greenan’s offers a wide selection of food that caters for whatever your tastes may be. The lounge is the perfect place for private functions, seating up to 60 people, it’s ideal for any kind of function.If you’re in the mood for a quiet drink, then head into the bar, which is stocked with a large selection of wines, spirits and beers. For a breath of fresh air on a sunny evening you can step into the beer garden, just off the restaurant.To Book please call 02840638633
Western Ireland, Ireland
“very friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

this is a very clean pub/restaurant its not your top of the range type restaurant but for good food and plenty of it, served by very friendly and helpful staff at a reasonable price you cant go far wrong.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

newry
“nicest steak in a very long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went Friday night after hearing family members rave about greenans steakhouse ! Staff very friendly and very welcoming although we were not booked and the restaurant was full the staff did manage to get us a table very quickly I must say the staff were an absolute delight they actually recommended dishes of the menu which is rare to find these days and as for the food all I could say please order the ribs you will not be disappointed a BBQ sauce with a little kick and the steaks just perfection no fat or grizzle and was like cutting melted butter . we didn't try the desserts as we had no room left! Well done to all at greenans keep up the good work
Thomas jennings

Dungannon, United Kingdom
“COSY AND HOSPITABLE RESTAURANT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Yes, another Groupon voucher utilized for a Greenans visit.

I must say i was thoroughly impressed with the food the service and the general ambiance (even though we arrived at 4.45 on a Saturday afternoon).
My wife had the soup and i plumped for the goars cheese starter....oh man, both were delicious. We both went for the sirloin for main courses, mine medium to well and my wifes well done. Again both were very good....and yes you can taste the difference in the way they were served. The steaks were fairly big and as a consequence my wife couldnt finish hers so i had the opportunity to sample the well done alongside the medium to well done. Both were served with 2 sides of your choice, so we ordered 4 and split them.
Dessert menus duly arrived and after some deliberation i opted for the mint chocolate chip cheesecake. My better half said she was full and couldnt manage to fit in a dessert - so the kind waiter offered to issue this part of the meal as a carry out....very kind indeed.
My only gripe about the entire experience was this - red wine should not be served chilled, and my Californian Merlot was just too cold. You could not pick up the flavours because of this!! Anyway as i say it was a tiny blemish on what was a lovely dining sojourn.
Well done to all at Greenans

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Green Green Grass Of Home
“1st Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Like the last review, went to Greenan's last night with my Husband on the Groupon deal. We were greeted straight away when we went in, a drink order was taken and we were given our menus. It wasn't long until we were taken in to the dining room and starters were served straight away which were delicious.
All of the staff seemed busy and professional and the place had a very homely feel about it. Main courses did not dissapoint either and portions were very good. We ordered a side order of chips and french fried onions which again were generous and piping hot.
Bit of confusion when we were asked did we want to see a dessert menu as I actually thought that dessert was included in the groupon deal. I wasn't certain however and didn't say anything but we did go ahead and order dessert. This was the highlight for me, Terry's Choc Orange cheesecake. It was beautiful!
All in all, great night and lovely atmosphere. I have only ever bought one of these groupon deals before, for the Primrose Bar in Ballynahinch and although I wouldn't consider myself to be overly fussy - I was totally disappointed by the service we got.
I could definately not say the same for Greenan's, staff were friendly and it was nice to see somewhere where the staff actually looked like the knew what they were doing and wanted to be there.
Having looked at the Groupon voucher again today, I would still be under the impression that our desserts should not have been charged for, however, they were well worth paying for!
We will definately be back....

• 5 of 5 stars Food
LTG1, Manager at Greenans Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hi Country_Girl84

Thank you for your great review and comments. I'm glad you & your husband enjoyed your meal. With regards to the Groupon deal, yes you are correct the dessert was included in the deal. I will investgate this with the staff, as why you where charged for them. I do apologse for this. Can you please email me you details so I can sort out that your dessert will FOC including tea and coffee the next time you visit us. Kind regards Lisa

lisa@greenans.co.uk
“Food&service first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

4 of us went here last night though groupon deal, very impressed, food and service was excellent, we didn't have to wait long for our food to be served either, , large portions which is great too, maeve our waitress was brilliant, couldn't do enough for us, will be back again v . Soon, keep up the good work :)