“Fantastic definitely be back have stayed before” 5 of 5 stars

Canal Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Merchant's Quay, Newry BT35 8HF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Newry
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic definitely be back have stayed before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in having travelled throughout all of the north and south of ireland. I would highly recommend anyone to take advantage of the numerous facilities this hotel has to offer. The staff are fantastic "dont come any better" and service and rooms are outstanding!!!!! Food also to a superb standard! Highly recommended!! Leisure facilites also extremely good! Do yourself a favour and book a room!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review and I am delighted to read your review and kind comments.
We do aim to ensure all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay and I am therefore delighted to hear your comments.
We do look forward to your return to the Hotel in the near future and if you would be interested in our Rewarding Loyalty Programme or if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.
Looking forward to your return.
Kind Regards & Many Thanks
Miss Deborah Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Canal Court is a four star hotel situated in the centre of Newry on the border of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. The staff are courteous and friendly and recognise regular guests providing a prompt and efficient check in with well appointed rooms at reasonable cost. Food is excellent and a good variety is provided on the menu. The hotel offers special deals for those staying more than one night and does all it can to ensure comfort and rest.

Room Tip: Check out the deals on the website. You might need to scroll through all options before deciding whi...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Itasca, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I arrived at the hotel fully expecting to hate it because we were booked there after our flight was cancelled. When we arrived the staff was delightful despite being descended upon by a bus full of really frustrated travellers. The food was terrific, the ambience was lovely and the staff was friendly and helpful. On my next trip to Ireland I will be making a stop in Newry to visit this hotel again. If there is any criticism to be made, the rooms could use updating, but the bed was comfortable and the amenities were quite nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay, service great, food beautiful and plenty of it! It was really welcome to have entertainment in the hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed the traditional music in the granary bar. We will certainly be back. It was great also to get a brilliant deal with group on!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review & we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. We do hope to see you back in the near future and we do have excellent offers also available on our website and via our facebook & twitter pages.
Kind Regards
Miss Deborah Ferguson
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Loved loved loved this hotel. Staff are fantastic and so friendly. Our dinner was so good that we left our table ready to burst. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, N.I
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The receptionist, named Sinead, was rude and kept interupting me and talking over me so fast I had to stop mid conversation. She kept repeating herself and would not answer my questions.
In the end I cancelled my booking so I have not actually stayed in the Hotel but this has put me off ever wanting too. It was supposed to be a nice relaxing birthday treat for me from my husband.
If you stay here I can only hope that you do not encounter the rude receptionist I did.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed on the bank holiday weekend. We had a got a very cheap deal with The Sun Stay giveaways...so i really shouldnt complain..lol. It was a VERY busy sunday with communion parties etc... couldnt get parked and were met with some very irate people in the car park. Went for the cavery as had heard very good reports, again busy, but to be expected. The meat was 1st class, the rest was sludge, terrible. The staff couldnt have been more helpful, excellent 1st rate service. Our room was spacious, the bed was the best bed ever!!! However the bathroom was dreary looking for a 4star hotel. It was small, tiny bath, cheap fixtures. Breakfast the next morning...plenty to choose from, however when my fry was presented to me..it was all broke up and not cooked the best however again was another busy morning. All in all i enjoyed the stay apart from some elements of the food. The staff made up for it (nearly). We are booked for the August Bank Holiday Sunday so i would recommend it and hope to get a better room and for the hotel to be not quite as busy !!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Canal Court Hotel? Share your experiences!