“Great hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Canal Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Merchant's Quay, Newry BT35 8HF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Newry
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Freindly staff, good food, ideal location. Will stay again, and would recommend!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback & it is a pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Canal Court Hotel in the near future & we do hope you join our rewarding loyalty programme to avail of treats for future stays.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards
Miss Deborah Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I arrived with business colleagues and the receptionist really set the tone at check-in. Very friendly and warm. Professional without any air of snobbery that you sometimes find. All the staff from the lady vacuuming the staircase to the staff in the bars and restaurants were just splendid.
I had a double room, which was very spacious and spotlessly clean, although I found the decor rather dull. I suppose it was just down to my taste. I had a drab canal view, but Newry wouldn't be the most scenic of towns. ( Not the hotels fault).
Free car-parking on site was excellent.
I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant. All 3 meals were exceptional in quality. I can't rate the food highly enough....just wonderful.
While I find it hard to think of a reason to visit Newry, it would be harder to think of a reason not to visit the Canal Court. I will definitely relish my next visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind feedback & I do hope you do have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed one nite with 3 friends. It was a get together after one of us got married. We got one nite bed, breakfast, 2 course dinner and a full body massage.. Perfect. Hotel really clean, reception staff were really friendly. Food excellent big portions and very reasonable.. The cocktail bar was great on a saturday nite to sit and drink in. Breakfast next morning was great. Def recommend it and will be back again. Friends have book it since we came back.

P,s location great to the shops and also other bars in Newry..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your feedback & I am delighted you all had a great time. The New Cocktail Bar is a lovely location for a girlie night out, a bite to eat & some yummy cocktails, so I do hope you get the chance to come back & enjoy again sometime soon.
If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We went on a two night stay in the hotel and we loved everything about it. The staff were so friendly and helpful, We had our dinner in the hotel both nights and food was excellent. We will definately go back.
Máire Healy

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Dear Ms Healy

Many thanks for your review & kind comments. We do aim to ensure all guests have an enjoyable & relaxing experience with excellent food & service and I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future & if we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

I have to say this really is a bubble on it's own in Newry! The hotel has everything great bar/ Club and restaurants! Just returned this morning and want to add a special thanks to Bernie who I believe managed to charm all the cutomers she dealt with! Will be back soon and also want to try the carrickdale next!

• Stayed February 2011
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Many Thanks for your review & I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay I will certainly pass your comments on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
If you are interested in joining our rewarding loyalty programme you can gain points for all stays, including your recent stay, which add towards some future treats. Alternatively do check our our Special Offers & Packages on our website for your next visit.
Kind Regards & Many Thanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Five of us stayed for the weekend and the rooms, service and food was excellent, could not fault it.

However, one grip I would have, on leaving on the Sunday morning the Down Ladies football team were being picked up from the hotel and we had to literally climb over them in the front foyee to get to the front door as they lay on the floor with their heads rested on their bags. I don't think it is a good look for potention customers coming in the main entrance and I think this should be addressed immediately. There are plenty of areas these so called young ladies could sit out of sight until they are collected.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear Guest
Many Thanks for your review & I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay.
I will certainly address the issue mentioned immediately and appreciate you bring it to our attention .
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future & if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.
Kind Regards & Many Thanks
Armagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed for one night at the weekend and was impressed with service up until the evening when we decided to have dinner in hotel. We were advised it was busy but they would take our order at bar and seat us within the hour so we were happy enough. Little did we know we would be waiting two and a half hours, We didnt start eating until 10.45pm which to be honest is a disgrace and were rushed by staff as the place was like a cattle-mart. For this reason we will not be back at the Canal Court

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Louise
It is with great dissappointment that I read your review & learn of your dissappointing stay with us. I have just this morning returned from annual leave and have not yet read the reports of the time I have been away or spoken with the management team so I am unaware if you have spoken with any of them directly either at the time, at check out or following your stay.
We do have a busy restaurant but we also operate a reservation system were reservations have priority and reservation times & numbers are controlled to ensure guests can enjoy a relaxing meal without feeling rushed, as well as accommodating large numbers of residents.
We place great emphasis on providing good food & excellent service each and every day. I appreciate from your review that this does not appear to have been the case on your stay & for this I truly apologise. I assure you that your experience is not a true representation of our service or standards. I would be very keen to address the problem as soon as possible and would therefore be extremely grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss further the date & details of your stay.
Many Thanks & Kind Regards
Miss Deborah Ferguson,

Been to Canal Court Hotel? Share your experiences!