My husband and I heard about the Bai Tram Hideaway (its name is not Bai Tram Hideout) as an ideal spot to get away from it all. Since we live in Hawaii, and hang out at its finest beach (Kauna'oa at the Mauna Kea Resort), we can't imagine much better. But when business took us to Vietnam recently, we decided to check it out for a few nights. It took some effort to get there ... an easy hour+ flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Quy Nhon airport (where Bai Tram staff greeted us, offered refreshments in the form of local fruit juices, then boarded us into a car where we were given bottled water) ... followed by a scenic drive through Vietnamese countryside with a stop at an ancient temple ... then a ride (crazy Vietnam style, of course) through the seaside city of Quy Nhon, with a stop for refreshment ... then a cruise along the coast for several miles that turned on to a six kilometer long road of sand and dirt that was quite bumpy. A new road is under construction, and work is visible from the dirt road. The actual location gets an excellent rating from me, despite the time it took to get there.
Staying at Bai Tram Hideaway was well worth the journey we made! Unlike some travelers, perhaps, we had no interest in leaving. Other visitors happily traveled that bumpy road to participate in local activities and dine in Quy Nhon. We were happy to spend all of our time in this completely sheltered and undeveloped piece of paradise.
Bai Tram Hideaway consists of about seven villas, plus a central building with reception, bar, restaurant area, lounge and pool. It fronts a pristine beach with soft white sand that curves around a protected bay that compares to Mauna Kea's, but is more than twice as long, wider, and naturally isolated. The beach is dotted with a few thatched roof structures, to move your lounge chairs in and out of the sun, and we had it to ourselves! Well, we shared it on occasion, but each little pavilion was quite distant from the others. It was an amazing experience to feel so in tune to the stunning natural beauty of the tall green cliffs that contained and protected the south end of the beach and the zen-like barren rock formations carved by wind and the sea on the north end. In between these two tall sheltering mountains is a huge perfect crescent of beach, backed up by beach vegetation that is barely broken by paths to individual villas and the central building.
Our U-shaped villa had its own small pool, extending out from the dining patio which sat in the center of the "U." The villa's lovely bedroom suite opened to both from one side, and a living/dining area opened to both from the other side. The two wings of the villa were connected by a large entry area that could also open straight out on to the patio, and provided a view of the sea and rocky cliffs as soon as you entered the main door. Everything was comfortable, thoughtfully presented, and clean. This is a rural part of Vietnam, but all staff made an effort to communicate in English, and sought help if they didn't understand. The kindness and service orientation of all staff members was commendable.
The food was amazing! Croissants that rival the finest I've eaten in France, straight from the oven, served with house-made local jams, yogurt, and other breads. Cooling juice drinks (try watermelon juice, or passionfruit juice with tea). Amazing seafood, Vietnamese pancakes, western style items, vegetable and stir-fry preparations were served for each meal. My only complaint was that they served me too much food! I asked to be fed child sized portions, and that helped.
We had a wonderful experience here, and highly recommend Bai Tram Hideaway as a place to experience Vietnam's graceful hospitality, self-indulgent surroundings, and breathtaking natural beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The peaceful sense of seclusion inspires our guests to truly unwind and relax to create a feeling of wellbeing. Bai Tram deals with the search for environmental balance, with the trend towards seeing ourselves, the natural world and the man-made environment as one. All buildings were designed to ensure breathtaking views with consideration of the environment. Our villas are designed with large open spaces and vast doors for an outdoor living experience. Spacious bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, including lush bathroom garden with hammock.What makes Bai Tram different and unique from all other hideaways is not only our pristine private beach, but also the opportunity to have your breakfast, lunch and dinners in all different intimate locations. Breakfast in our private rice-paddy, lunch on the beach and for the ultimate romantic dinner in the french ruin.... it is all possible.Truly one of a kind destination, private and pristine, surrounded by tranquil and beautiful nature where you can relax, replenish the mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Bai Tram Hideaway Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bai Tram Hideout Hotel Song Cau Town
- Bai Tram Hideaway Resort Vietnam/Song Cau Town, Phu Yen