Just come back from Vilamendhoo and what a fabulous week we had…starting of with a flight on the new Dreamliner, we upgdraded to premium seats, lovely plane, flys higher and faster and is quieter in the cabin, my only grip is that they have one row of seats too many as it is a struggle to get out past the person you are next too especially when seats are reclined but I understand this is being dealt with later in the year.
Thomson crew were brilliant and looked after me really well after I became very ill mid-flight so thank you to them!
Vilamendhoo is a lovely island, this is the second island we have been to and we absolutely loved every single moment – even when it rained!.
It is beautiful and you just have to stroll around it a couple of times a day which takes about 20-30 mins even longer when you stop of at the Asian Wok for a drink or 2.
The sand is fine and not gravelly, we were on the non-windy side that has a smaller sandy area but beautiful none the less, plenty of space for sunbeds and there is shade from the palm trees etc if needed.
It is just amazing to see the black tip sharks feeding and swimming by your feet, and just walking out to the reef at low tide to see the fish on the coral is quite surreal!
We were BJV number 218 and was the perfect location for us, 2-3 mins from the sunset bar and lovely pool, perfectly positioned sunbeds allocated to our villa on the beach, ideal for the sunsets too!
Lovely room with everything you need, very clean inside and our room boy did a fantastic job maintaining it throughout our stay, the Jacuzzi was nice to have and we used it quite a lot, this also has the water changed weekly so it is clean etc..
Excellent food in the main restaurant, all buffet but everynight there was also a grill and often a meat carvery. We cannot fault the food it was lovely and there are many choices so there is something for everybody.
I liked the fact that we could sit anywhere we wanted unlike some islands where you are allocated the same table.
A big thank you to Hassan our waiter who was brilliant and knew how we had our drinks etc..
We ate one night in the Asian Wok and had a fabulous meal, we went for the a-la-carte and it was one of the best meals on a holiday I have had, a really nice evening that I recommend.
We used our free massage and also booked additional treatments, a lovely experience and had we had 10 days or more would have gone again, really nice to have.
Best Snorkelling I have ever done and the house reef is just amazing, such a lot of different fish to see, it was just breathtaking at times.
I have swum with Turtles a few times previously and really wanted to do the Manta Rays etc, but as we only had a week I had decided to leave excursions to next time as we will somehow come back here.
One of, if not the most relaxing holidays ever on a marvellous island, from what I heard when speaking to other people on holiday is that this is one of the best islands they have been to.
All the staff here are wonderful and make the holiday as well, nice friendly and happy staff help make a holiday a fantastic holiday and they certainly did, I cannot remember names of staff im afraid but they all deserve a massive pay-rise!!!!
A reall shame Thomson have been priced out of the Maldives but we are planning to come back in 3 years time for our 25 wedding anniversary – so Vilamendhoo until then a huge – THANK YOU
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. It is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres. Your seaplane transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 25 minute flight. 184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 30 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 111 Beach Villas and 13 Garden Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island