Stayed in villamendhoo for my 40th birthday august 2013 best holiday ever! credit goes to staff at villa who always make sure that your needs are attended to, resort well kept and clean rooms beautifull and spacious stayed in adult only zone on a jacuzzi water villa highly recomended, quiet and private, nice to roll from your bed straight to the ocean. food really good lots of variety ate at the asian wok one nite again superb service and tasty dishes.
We went snorkelling almost everyday great house reef around plenty of fish, reef sharks and sting rays, did manta ray excursion saw mantas and green turtle we were lucky enough to spot dolphins no whale sharks though. Danghetti island was nice to see just to experience a little bit of local culture.
Will definately recommend this resort if anyone thinking of visiting maldives, all inclusive is the best in my opinion even to non alcohol drinkers as the water and juices can be a little on overpriced side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION:Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Vilamendhoo, South Ari Atoll. ACCOMMODATION:184 Rooms include 30 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 30 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 111 Beach Villas and 13 Garden Rooms. All feature tropical décor, a king size or two twin beds, wood or tile floors, private porch with furniture, air-conditioning, overhead ceiling fan, sitting area, stocked Mini Bar with refrigerator, complimentary tea/coffee, espresso machine, IDD telephone, 32 inch flat screen cable TV, DVD/CD player, high speed broadband Internet connection, personal safe, partially open-air bathroom with double sinks, a rain shower, bath accessories, hair dryer, nightly turndown service, bathrobe, complimentary use of chaise lounges at the pool and beach and beach towels. Electricity is 220VAC, 50HZRESTAURANTSTwo main “sister” restaurants featuring the same “all you can eat” buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, served in traditional open-air, sand floor, thatch roof dining room with a separate table for each guest room. The Funama Restaurant is for guests in the Garden Rooms and Beach Villas and the Ahima Restaurant is for adults only, guests in the Jacuzzi Beach Villas and Jacuzzi Water VillasAlso, “optional” à la carte restaurants including the over-the-water Asian Wok Restaurant, specializing in Asian cuisine and Teppanyaki; the Hot Rock Restaurant on the Sunset Bar beach, featuring seafood, steak or chicken cooked at your table on “hot rocks”, for adults only; and 3 other “optional” á la carte choices; a Snack Menu at the Bars and Pools; Room Service and a selection of special Dinners served on the Beach! BARSThe Bonthi Bar, on the beach beside the Funama Restaurant, with satellite TV coverage of international sporting events and a Disco; the Boashi Bar beside the Boashi Bar Pool, at the Eastern end of the island;the Sunset Bar beside the Ahima Restaurant for adults only; and the over-the-water Asian Wok Bar at the Eastern end of the island for adults onlyENTERTAINMENT:includes a nighttime program of Maldives Culture & History Presentation, Marine Preservation Slide Show, Bodu Beru Cultural Dance Show, DJ Disco, Divers’ Video, Movies, Crab Races, Live Band, Table Tennis Tournament, a Lending Library where you can take or donate a book and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilamendhoo Island Hotel Vilamendhoo
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Hotel Vilamendhoo Island