“well worth flying right around the world” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cortijo Uribe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollina
Cortijo Uribe
Lugar Cortijo Uribe, App de Correos 48, Mollina, Spain   |
Morrinsville, New Zealand
“well worth flying right around the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

As a late starter to horse riding (65 yo) I was seeking a place that offered good accommodation and good tuition in a safe and enjoyable environment. Cortijo Uribe exceeded my expectations. The food was tops, the staff became friends , the instructors had endless patience with me and above all the horses I rode ( Meg, Oro, General Birdie and Espaniola) took care of me and I miss them !!!!!! I have wonderful memories of riding through olive groves and the camaraderie of other guests.
Im hoping to go back there next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time here. This was my first solo holiday and everyone made me feel very welcome. The horses are all well schooled and I had great hacks and lessons on Birdie and Oro. The instructors Tanya and William are very good. The food was the best food I have had on holiday all local and homemade. The dogs are also very lovely. Overall Cortijo Uribe is a lovely place to ride and relax. Will hopefully be going back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Douglas, Isle Of Man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Cortijo Uribe has been renovated very well, comfortable bedrooms and well run. We arrived in the dark to a wonderful welcome and delicious dinner. We were introduced to our beautiful horses in the morning and after a ride to check our ability then rode out into the countryside through olive groves and vineyards. Very peaceful and I can't wait to get back - hoping next March!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely few days at El Cortijo Uribe. We went there to ride and to learn and that is exactly what we did. We rode for between 2-3 hours each morning on beautifully groomed and schooled horses and had an hours lesson each afternoon. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but Christine managed to drum a few new tricks into us which helped with our confidence and general ability, also our understanding of being at one with your horse.
The food was lovely, thank you Geronimo, the accommodation was clean and comfortable, the scenery was beautiful and the staff exemplary. To paraphrase Arnie Shwarzeneggar, 'We'll be back' !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This truly was a wonderful holiday. Christine and Paul are just fantastic hosts, you are in beautiful surroundings and are made to feel at home. It was the perfect holiday for myself, boyfriend and his 17 year old daughter. We all rode which we loved my boyfriend had only ever ridden a donkey before and had boasted winning the donkey derby in 1975!! Luckily not only were Tania and Guillame great instructors they also had a good sense of humour! We spent time lazing by the pool and made some good friends with the other guests and played volleyball. We went to the lakes which were stunning and had the best driver Billy giving us a guided tour. Derek was always on site if you needed anything and he really looked after us and arranged for us to go to the local bar which was such a fun night out, about 11 of us went in total. Diego the chef cooked some fabulous meals and we had the tapas for lunch everyday as it was so good. The quality and standards for everything was just excellent and it really was such good value.
Not only did we fall in love with Cortijo Uribe we fell in Love with Rafa one of the rescue dogs there, who now lives with us in the UK and is nudging me right now for attention. Most people bring back a Sombrero! We can't wait to go back it makes me smile just thinking about it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Another amazing stay at this beautiful place. Wonderful weather made this holiday even better. Couldn't ask for kinder people! Just love the place! Can't wait to go back! A horse lovers paradise but s truly amazing place for anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We travelled to El Cortijo Uribe as a family of five adults. We went for a break to celebrate a big birthday and had the most amazing time. The Cortijo is so well set up with excellent people running it. We all were at various riding abilities and all feel we have come back having improved our skills considerably through great tuition and riding wonderful, well-cared for horses. The food is superb and the company was wonderful. We met several other people while we were there, all like- minded people who love animals and the outdoors. We laughed a lot, exercised a lot, and had a thoroughly great holiday. We definitely want to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Cortijo Uribe? Share your experiences!