“Truly excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cortijo Uribe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mollina
Cortijo Uribe
Lugar Cortijo Uribe, App de Correos 48, Mollina, Spain   |
Cork
“Truly excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Recently returned from the most wonderful stay at the Cortija Uribe.Fabulous horses, brilliant rides and the warmest welcome from Christine, Paul and their truly excellent Staff. A super holiday in a beautiful place. I went with my daughter and great memories were made! The accommodation was lovely, the food great the rides out wonderful in superb countryside. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've just returned from a wonderful 3 night stay at Cortijo Uribe. The accommodation, location, staff, food and horses are top notch. It was the perfect escape for a tired mother of a toddler (me!). I was made to feel very welcome right from the start and Christine and Paul are the most wonderful hosts. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I visited in the last week of May with my three children. I have NEVER written a trip adviser review before but this place made such a positive impression on me I am compelled to do so. We had 5 fabulous days here and none of us wanted to leave. All of the staff are great without exception taking their lead from the warm and welcoming and absolutely charming Christine and her lovely husband Paul. The horses were all loved and well looked after and all great to ride with different but positive challenges and learning opportunities on each. We loved the riding and all 3 kids came back able to canter off the lead rein and very happy with their progress. In fact the lessons were sooo good that I opted to have more lessons than hacks even though the countryside is beautiful. The kids loved the pool but at least as much they enjoyed helping with the horses and fussing over the rescue dogs that Chris and Paul take in and find new homes for. In fact we even came home with one.... She was just too adorable to leave behind. It is a real find. I just hope there is a space for us when we want to return. I am hoping it will be very soon! Thanks to all the staff there for such an amazing holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited the Cortijo Uribe in April for a 4 night stay, and it was quite simply fantastic.
On arrival we were welcomed warmly and instantly felt at home. The apartment we stayed in was perfect, the courtyard and rooms off it are fantastic and the pool has the most amazing view. We stayed half board and the food was beautiful - Diego, the chef produced some of the nicest Spanish food I have ever had! The atmosphere is relaxed and eating in the salon or out in the courtyard with the other guests is lovely. We were even taken for tapas in one of the local towns on evening!

The riding we did whilst staying at the Cortjo was great, we had lessons, went for hacks through the olive groves and for a picnic. The horses are top class (Campi being a personal favourite) and there are characters to suit every rider. The instructors Bill and Tanya were awesome, my riding definitely improved during our stay here.

In summary all the staff, horses, dogs and other guests made our stay fantastic and we will be coming back as soon as possible - I can't really recommend this place highly enough - absolutely worth a visit.

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Have just returned home from the most wonderful holiday ever. Horses are my love but cortijo uribe is the closest to peace I have ever been. Wonderful people , horses are amazing . The staff are so friendly and I didn't want to leave . A wonderful chef and the owners cater for all your needs. Hope I can save up to visit again next year as it feels like home to me . Cannot recommend this paradise enough . And wonderful dogs too .

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have just returned from a short stay in this beautiful place and firstly my short trip should have been long and secondly it should have been longer than long.
It really is an oasis . Everything is just lovely from wonderful & beautiful horses , to lovable & adorable dogs to fantastic and luxurious accommodation to really wonderful, kind and welcoming people there. Paul & Christine have done a marvellous job at renovating this lovely farmhouse and it really is a great place and I am now running out of adjectives to describe it. If you want to rejuvenate your soul in a holistic and peaceful place where the riding and instruction [ which is the best I have ever had Tanya & Gwilliam amazing] is superb you must visit Cortijo Uribe. Fabulous fabulous fabulous .. I am already booking to go back ...

Room Tip: You dont need any they are all excellent
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I’m not sure a review will ever do this place justice or begin to describe how much we loved Cortijo Uribe! My friend and I spend 4 amazing days here, and were so sad to leave. We weren’t sure what to expect when we booked, however we needed have worried… it was everything we wanted and much, much more!

Firstly, the welcome was fantastic. Christine greeted us both like old friends and within minutes we were already feeling at home. The accommodation and all the facilities are fantastic. Christine and Paul have really got it right, with lovely beds, powerful showers and great little extra touches like slippers and toiletries. The pool area and terraces are gorgeous, and the lounges are wonderful with comfortable sofas and books, games and photographs. I particularly loved the kitchen, and enjoyed eating breakfast at the table whilst Diego pottered around us. The whole place really felt like home, and was so comfortable and relaxing. The food was amazing- Diego is a wonderful chef, who works so hard, and every meal was delicious. The staff are all fantastic and cannot do enough for you- we felt very spoilt! We even had fantastic massages before we came home, which was a real treat.

The yard is great (the cleanest I have ever seen!) and the horses are beautifully kept and cared for. The horses are truly fantastic and such amazing quality. They are wonderfully trained and Christine really does have horses to suit everyone, from complete novices up to very advanced riders. Tanya and Bill are both amazing instructors – experienced, patient and lots of fun. We did several wonderful hacks through the olive groves, including a picnic-ride with the best spread I have ever had (thanks Diego!), but also took the opportunity to have lots of lessons with Tanya in the school. She offered by far the best tuition I have ever had, and even in 4 days my riding improved hugely. I was even brave enough to jump with her- something I haven’t done for almost 7 years. Meg, in particular, is a superb horse and she helped improve my confidence no end.

The dogs are great too, such fantastic characters that make the place even more special. Christine and Paul work so hard to rescue and rehome horses and dogs, and Christine has some wonderful stories about dogs they have rehomed in the UK. What we didn’t realise before we went is that Cortijo Uribe is run as a charitable organisation. Any extra money is used to help provide animal welfare and the ultimate goal is to provide riding holidays for the disabled. They aim to support the local community where possible by employing staff from Mollina village and sourcing food locally. The whole ethos is spot on, and it really is a very special place.

I could go on forever- it was genuinely the most relaxing, most wonderful holiday I have ever had. Cortijo Uribe is an amazing place – the accommodation, horses, food, staff and other guests were truly fantastic. I couldn’t fault anything if I tried. It was fantastic value for money, and worth every penny. Building work is still going on, to create a games room and fitness centre, so this place is only going to get better! Go, if you possibly can- you won’t regret it.

Christine, thank you so much for an amazing stay- we can’t wait to come back. Hasta luego!

Room Tip: Christine was kind enough to upgrade us to Sunset room- a fantastic 2-bed, 2-bath apartment with a w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cortijo Uribe? Share your experiences!