“Really enjoyed our stay at the Kapalua Villas” 4 of 5 stars

Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kapalua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Macedonia, Ohio
“Really enjoyed our stay at the Kapalua Villas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our stay at the Kapalua Villas was wonderful. The gold villa accommodations were great - kitchen had everything we could have needed. The view was great and we enjoyed the patio space for late evening meals and breakfast. The walking trails were great with both challenging and easy courses, the access to the beaches was very easy and we could either drive or take the shuttle. The spa facility is the resorts hidden jewel! We used it just about every day of our stay - very quiet and has everything you need right at your fingertips. We got a few treatments there and they were absolutely wonderful! Would have given the villas a 5 but the construction next to our villa was a bit loud during the day and an not very appealing looking when I look back at the pictures we took outside our villa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Really, REALLY nice place to stay. Our first part of the trip was at a condo in Oahu, which was also nice, but privately owned, and more expensive. This location (2 bedroom, 3 bath, Gold Ocean View Villa) was just sooooo much better for the price (granted, I booked it early in January for the discount for the trip in Mid-June.)

The staff was wonderful. The facility was great. It was larger than my 1900 square foot home. Close the the beaches. WiFi provided (though slow, compared to what we expect for the mainland now, but hey, it's a resort.)

Took the wife and 21 year old son and 18 year old daughter. 3 great beaches. There was a rock cove to jump into the ocean from that was awesome! Snorkeling was great.

What else can I say? Next time I go, we go for a couple of weeks, if we can afford it. Great place to stay and great place to do other activities on the island.

Oh, and don't forget about checkout! It's at 11:00, but you can call for late checkout at 1:00 if you don't have someone else coming in right on your heels. Even if you can't, though, you STILL can use the SPA until 7 PM. For us, that was AWESOME! Our flight out was at 9:45 PM, so we could still checkout, check our baggage with Guest Services, use the beach, and had time to go on a snorkeling trip down at one of the harbors about 45 minutes away, then return to the resort and clean up at the spa, get our luggage back from Guest Services, and make the airport in plenty of time to get home. Very, VERY nice. That alone is worth an extra star or two!

Room Tip: Use the SPA, it's included in the daily resort fee!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Kapalua Villas on the west end of Maui offer a spectacular setting, impressive accommodations, and fabulous customer service. I would absolutely stay there again. Here are some key points:
1) The beaches on this resort are some of the best on the island. There are three lovely coves adjacent to this resort--one being the gorgeous DT Fleming beach. However, we preferred the cove nearest our condo where the resort had a rental beach shack for chairs and towels (which were supplied free of charge as a guest). There is excellent snorkeling in this lovely cove which is also sheltered from waves.
2) The overall landscaping is spectacular. Lush vegetation surrounds you everywhere.
3) Customer service is amazing. They were able to accomodate our late check out and were extremely friendly and helpful. Use the activities desk to book special events.
4) The spa. We didn't investigate the spa until the last day. Big mistake. Use of this impressive facility is part of your resort fee (excluding fancy services). Take advantage of this benefit!

I would highly recommend the villas to anyone and everyone I know!

Room Tip: Two bedroom condos are extremely spacious. Well appointed. Recently many have been updated with high...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Villa 2721, Gold Ocean View room was amazing. To write a review of all the good would take forever but will say this villa met my expectations. Based on some reviews I was afraid of what I might find vs. what I paid for but was not disappointed. Amazing view, amazing location, amazing property, amazing amenities... the list goes on and on. The one downside is that the pullout sofa bed was worn and my daughter didn't get one good night's sleep while we were there but that is my one and only complaint. She ended up having to take a nap on the bedroom bed to get caught up on her sleep. I absolutely loved the location, it's a long drive if you schedule activities because they're usually in Lahaina or South of there but it was worth the drive to me because at the end of the day I could leave the crowds for the beautiful resort. It's just a few minutes from the North shore and, if you have the time to take the drive, do it. I'd never been to Hawaii and until I drove the North shore I hadn't seen what I'd expected the island to look like with forests, oversized flowers, emerald mountains... you can see all this driving the main streets but, after you've driven the North shore it makes the trees and plants on the main streets look like they need more watering! You will not regret staying at Kapalua Villas! Aloha!

Room Tip: I stayed in an ocean view room and had a view of the ocean from one side to the other but, I noticed...
martinsville, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Recently spent 8 nights in a two bedroom condo at the Kapalua Villas. I originally paid for partial ocean view villa. We were upgraded at no cost to a full ocean view. The condo appeared to have been renovated in the past few years. Appliances were nice and it was spacious and clean with a great ocean view. We were less than a 5 minute walk to two swimming pools. We had about a 10 minute walk to the closest beach.
Only downside is that location is on far northwest side of Maui, so that you had a long drive to get anywhere.

Room Tip: Unless you travel in high season I would not pay for the highest quality rooms. I would ask for a co...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Monett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was a shocker for my sister's trip. I had booked the villa through the Priceline website and read the reviews on this site expecting to find ants and roaches. Older not nice condos, etc. Was completely shocked to find one of the niceness places ever. NOT one single ant or roach. The golf villa 14-v1 was VERY nice. The villa was very clean and very nice. I also loved that we were overlooking the golf course and the fact that the resort takes pride in making sure the grounds looked amazing! The grounds crew works very very hard! Loved having fresh pineapple in the refrigerator. If we are on the island again we will probably stay there. The employees were very kind and helpful as well.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We are staying in GolfVilla 20t7 at the moment a "gold" (ie renovated" partial ocean view one bedroom villa. The villa has an amazing view, no way would I call an expansive view of this ocean and island "partial"!
There is a big balcony with dining table and chairs as well as 2 sun lounger, we have had no need for the air con as the breeze is beautiful.
The lounge room is a big size with a new very comfy sofa and a big tv. There is also a full kitchen with huge oven and fridge. We have only used it to make coffee as there are so many places to dine nearby with our favourite being Saisan Japanese. Fantastic sushi!
Upstairs is a king size super comfy bed with ocean views. A washer/dryer with washing liquid which is a bonus after a week travelling.
The shower is a double head and very large althought the atual shower room is quite small but as with the rest of the apartment all freshly done and luxurious. There are seperate and roomy double vanities and a big walk in robe.
There are two pools a couple of steps away with bbq's and loungers. Good size pool, nice view nothing flash but with Naapali bay beach being moments away with crystal clear water and a sandy beach who cares!
The villas are in Kapalua complex which seems like a giant golf course/resort all perfectly manicured and maintained. Oh the villa looks over the golf course too!
If you book here ask for this villa its great!

Room Tip: Golf villa partial ocean view 20t7 is the villa we are in!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Kapalua Villas, Maui? Share your experiences!