“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kapalua
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I loved this place! The service was excellent and the food was crazy good. The room had cable TV, so I watched Dance Moms all night. It also had free Wifi so you could listen to music on Spotify. I strongly recommend this hotel. It was an awesome stay!!!!!!

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were going to stay our entire vacation at the Marriott Resort on the island, but the deal at the Ritz-Carlton was so competitive. We got their credit card to take advantage of the perks (offered by Chase). The first night was fantastic, but our credit card entitled us to a room upgrade and club room access. We ask for an upgrade and got a 1200 sq foot suite that was so awesome!!! Full ocean view off one balcony and PGA golf course off the other (not to mention two bathrooms). Every room is great and the service is very warm. You will love your stay!

Room Tip: Get a rental car to visit other areas on the island. You will be really happy with the benefits of...
Green Features: I did not observe the environmental factors, but the hotel seems over the top clean.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What do you get when you combine the best location in Maui, with amazing Architecture/Decor, and superb customer service? Ritz Carlton Kapalua
Pros:
- Customer service was beyond Excellent
- The grounds are amazing; they have EVERYTHING! Golf, Tennis, Basket Ball, ect.
- The three cascading pools remind me of the seven pools in Hana; However, my favorite was the Kiddie pool, with its own water falls.
Cons:
- They had a special promotion on their web side that kids under 12 ate free at the 3 of their restaurants (9/1 to 12/18); However, most of the waiters were not aware of this.
- The $30 resort fee did NOT include the $18 self parking (Valet was $30/night - Ouch!)
- Breakfast had little variety ( $38)

Room Tip: I paid extra for a one bedroom suite and it was well worth the price
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I and my wife stayed at the Ritz for 4 days November 2014. It was a nice experience. We enjoyed a big territory of the hotel and amazing view. The beach has all required facilities, including towels, restrooms, café and shower, but swimming / snorkeling / etc impossible due to seasonal wind (and waves) direction. Anyway, we spent half of the day just lying down on the beach and having a dip. There are also several pools if you like it. Staff was very friendly (even if you park at fire hydrant for a couple hours ), room was really good and convenient, the deck was big enough to seat 4 – 5 people. Self parking near main entrance is around $20 per day and resort fee is $30 per day. Location is quiet, but there are around 5 miles to Kapalua where you can find many restaurants and shops and see Hawaiian traditional show. There is local store with fruits in a walking distance. If you reserved room with ocean view I recommend you to choose floor 8 or even higher,

Room Tip: Recommend choose room with ocean view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is everything you expect from the Ritz. I stayed here with my parents who I took on a surprise trip in late Oct. 2014 and it could not have been better. My father always has a list of requests for the hotel staff -- none had to be repeated, and response was always timely and gracious. Moreover, the whole staff weren't just courteous, but went out of their way to spend the time to talk to you and make you truly feel at home. One night we just missed the shuttle to our dinner reservations, so without hesitation the bellhop had one of the hotel's luxury SUV's take us to the restaurant so we would make it on time. It was quite special.
Now, I have been to Kapalua before, so I was expecting wind and was not planning on spending too much time on the picturesque but slightly breezy beach there -- that being said, beautiful Napili beach is just a few minutes away, and the gorgeous pool on the property is also fantastic if you are in the lounging mood...not to mention the wonderful mini-hike of the spectacular 'Dragon's Teeth' lava formation just off the hotel's golf course. Besides the grounds, the room was clearly well appointed, bathroom was beautiful, and bed and lounger were very comfortable. I did not try the food, so cannot comment on the restaurants, but the cocktails were tasty, though slightly on the more expensive side. I look forward to the day when I can sneak away again to return to this place.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Both my girlfriend and food poising something I have never had in my life. The worst part is the way they handled it, I lost a full 2 days of my trip and all they did was send a security guard to my room and try to limit their liability. Hotel looks nice and has pretty grounds but if even the slightest thing goes wrong and you will be wishing you stayed in a different hotel. They did not even comp the meal that poisoned us till we called multiple times.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Visiting the Ritz is like visiting an old friend if that old friend was a luxurious resort with an amazing staff, spacious rooms and great dining choices. I know people tend to prefer the more touristy Wailea but I love Kapalua and the Ritz. I always enjoy visiting here because I know I will be treated very well and the service and amenities will be first rate.

I must say this last time was exceptionally great because I hurt my lower back which is a chronic problem. The Ritz concierge was able to get a chiropractor to open her office on a holiday weekend and made me better than new so I could fly back home. Thank you that saved my entire vacation. Just for that, I will always be a loyal customer. Mahalo.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with an ocean view room and floor 3 which takes you right out to the pool and...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua? Share your experiences!