“Awesome property!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Kapalua
Jamison, Pennsylvania
“Awesome property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Lovely views, excellent food, cheerful staff, always clean. Loved it! You can never go wrong with a Ritz Carlton. Family or couple friendly as they have an "adult only pool" (16 yrs and older) can swim or sunbath here and not be splashed by kids playing, which is nice. Also a great beach area. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a "bad room". Love the "café" where you can grab...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1,854 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went on Easter holiday and was fantastic!!!
The room, the kids pool, all the flowers and everything was just perfect!!! We loved it!!
It has a huge grass that my daughter couldnt get enough of it .
Its paradise!!!
The people are super nice !!!

Stayed April 2014
jax, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just arrived home from a 6 night say at this property. The main areas of this hotel are great. lobby, pool, fitness center, etc... However, I can't say that my entire experience was great.This hotel was not inexpensive, my Marriott Platinum status and $350 a night (plus $30 resort fee) got me a ground floor room with no view. When I arrived to my room, there were 2-3 huge spider webs on my patio (with spiders that I wanted nothing to do with), they were still there when I left, 6 days later. There was also a used housekeeping rag on my patio when I checked in, that too was still there when I left. The sushi restaurant on the lobby was closed the first 3 nights I was at the hotel? My bathroom sink drain was broke and took 2 days for housekeeping/maintenance to fix. This property has the potential to be a 5 star property. The property is really beautiful and in a great location. The amenities are first class, but for the money and my "Ritz" expectations, this wasn't my best stay.

Room Tip: my room was 4th floor which was two floors below the lobby and ground floor. higher the floor the be...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Family of 5, first stay at Ritz for 7 nights. Fast, curteous reception at front desk. Suite was very large with microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, etc. Furniture was dated. Three large TVs although main TV in living area didnt work well - call maintenance - replaced TV - still would not work 80% of time - probably poor cable connection. Grounds were immaculant. Rained every day - very windy - could not enjoy ocean swim. However shuttles would take us to better wind protected beaches. Pools were not really kid friendly. Staff was great! Food was good. Self parking was overpriced. Bed was very comfortable. However there was a loud high pitch wistle that occured every night 2-3 times waking us up (we think it had to do with the plubing but are not certain). Our ocean view, didnt have an ocean view unless we walked out on the balcony (then if we looked to the left we had a nice view). Kapalua is a long ways from many other island activities. We did the road to Hana (great trip) and upon return (after 6 hours of driving) we had 3 hour road jam around Lahaina trying to return to Kapalua. Had a great meal at Merrimans which we found as the only "great" restaurant in the west Maui area. I probably would not recommend the Ritz or stay there again - due to the weather in that area and the distance to other Maui activities.

Room Tip: The suites were very spacious. The pools were good for adults. The views from the Ritz are beautiful...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Leamington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful!
Very picturesque & elegant.
Gourmet cuisine, excellent room service.
Rooms are large, comfortable and very well decorated.
Walk along the gorgeous beaches.
Party or relax in their large outdoor jacuzzi.
Grocery store, serving hot & cold prepared food selling clothing, trinkets etc. just a five minute walk away.
We had a great time!

• Stayed February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

background
- This was our first trip to Maui, our first stop in Maui for 4 days, and the latter 4 days of our trip was spent in Wailea.

pros
- This resort has beautiful, expansive grounds and views.
- Cleanliness is very important to me when I travel, and although this is a somewhat dated hotel, the spacious bathroom and our room was impeccably maintained and cleaned.
- The spa products are great!
- The location of this hotel is a perfect base to explore kapalua and super convenient if you intend to go to honolua bay every day! The honolua general store next door generally has every thing you need. The surrounding area is tranquil, beautiful, and a relaxing retreat from the wailea crowds.

cons
- We booked this resort during our honeymoon, and the concierge had mentioned that we would be receiving a special gesture sometime during our stay but we didn't receive anything so maybe she forgot. It would have been better if she didn't mention anything at all.
- The food is not that delicious. I think for the same price at some of the other resorts, the food is better.
- It was perpetually humid and slightly musty in our room (we stayed on the ground floor), to the point where my swimsuits never totally dried overnight.
- The beach that fronts this resort is not actually swimmable - very wavy! but there are many other within walking distance in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
The Ritz Carlto... K, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Aloha and thank you for provided such a detailed review of your stay. It sounds as though you were able to explore all of the wonderful amenities that tranquil Kapalua has to offer during your honeymoon. While I was happy to hear that you were pleased with the overall cleanliness of the property, it sounds as though your guestroom was not up to our high standards. I will definitely look into this in greater detail. As it relates to your honeymoon, I deeply regret that you were promised a special gesture and never received it. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about this particular incident as well as your dining experiences so that I may investigate further. I may be reached via email at ian.mcphee@ritzcarlton.com or by phone at 808-665-7037. Mahalo again for you sharing your feedback and I hope you will consider The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua for a future visit.

Ian McPhee
Hotel Manager
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

After an exhausting, negative and frustrating experience with Kapalua Villa's we decided to cut our losses and check with Ritz Carlton for accommodations to salvage our vacation. Our good fortune was to be greeted by Front Office Manager, Kevin Bass. Kevin immediately recognized our dilemma (spring break, no reservation) and welcomed us genially. We were given a number room options and chose a beautiful terrace room. Enjoyed pool, beach, spa, breakfast buffet, and frequent reliable shuttle service to Plantation golf, Pineapple Grill, and Napili.

Great hotel, beautiful location and weather during our stay. Outstanding positive attitude all staff from arrival to departure. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua? Share your experiences!