We just got back staying at the Ritz for spring break with our two teens. Two thumbs up even from the teens. The hotel is luxurious but not pretentious. We had a spacious room facing the golf course with ocean views. The beds were super comfortable, and sleeping the the sounds of the ocean was heavenly. The rooms were quiet we never heard any neighbors. The pool area was fantastic for energetic teens, three pools, one of them for adults and two hot tubs never felt too crowded even in the middle of this busy spring break season. The grounds are kept spotless, lots of green grass area for the kids to roam around. One sweet highlight was the Easter egg hunt put on for the kids. Tennis courts were a plus as well as two basketball hoops my kids enjoyed every day. The beach is a short stroll from the pool with a magnificent lunch restaurant overlooking the beach. There is a comfy towel service right at the beach so you don't have to log your pool towels around. Only negative is there is no boggie-boarding loaners for liability reasons. Since Flemming beach is great for that we had to drive to the nearby Naplili shopping center and rent out boards for the week. Highly recommend doing that at the beginning of your stay, we discovered that option late. The hotel sells the boards near the pool area but that seemed excessive and checking those onto the plane could turn Into a hassle.
We enjoyed the hotel restaurants, the sushi restaurant was great. The breakfast buffet is also good but very expensive for what it is, kids 12 under eat half price. Workout gym is terrific, well kept with good equipment. I did not try the classes was a little turned off paying extra for yoga classes. Spa is a must, had a terrific massage and the amenities are good. Dry sauna, spa tub, and steam room and my favorite: a quiet resting room. Usually an afterthought in most spas but I loved that there was a whole room designated to lounging! Super cosy, quiet and relaxing. The staff all around was friendly and helpful, I was impressed! From the maid to the bellman the staff deserves a big thumb up. Whoever we asked a question we got not only professional answers but a kind and welcoming attitude. Also very kid friendly! The concierge service team were terrific. We booked several tours as well as booked favorite restaurants and all of the recommendations were right for our family. We got a schedule for the week and follow up calls after the trips, wow! It made our stay very pleasant. There are walking trails all around and the picturesque Kapalua trail is not to be missed, starts right at the Ritz and guides you along a beautiful beach to Kapalua beach. We had a terrific week and will be back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui