My wife and I came to Maui October 1-6 for our honeymoon and stayed in a garden-view suite at the Ritz. From the time we set foot on the property our expectations were exceeded. We're typically not people who need to be doted on at all times, but even we could get used to this lifestyle!
Upon check in, we were presented with fresh infused water (throughout the property each day a different flavor). We were instantly upgraded (though, I'm assuming the slow season had something to do with that) to the 9th floor of our building. The view was amazing. Garden-view in name, but we had sweeping views of the coast, the ocean, the beautiful grounds, and the Plantation Golf Course (which I played - amazing) all from our Lanai.
The grounds were in a perfect, meticulously kept condition. We spent most of our time during the day at the pool, where the staff did everything from set up our chairs with fresh towels to immediately drop by to take drink orders. My wife fell in love with the sparkling rose sangria by our last day. While I've seen occasional reviews saying the staff is groveling for tips, I see people genuinely trying to make your vacation the best it can be, and we appreciated everyone.
Though we didn't try the on-site restaurants, the room service pancakes, served with bacon and pineapple was out of this world. We were able to enjoy many drinks at the bars, and though the nearby Honolua Store was closed, it was very easy to get supplies in the local towns. Though I don't know who would want to ever leave the Kapalua Resort!
All in all, phenomenal stay. If (when) we come back to Maui, we will most definitely try to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui