“A magnificent facility with all first rate amenities.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
5th Night Free
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Kapalua
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A magnificent facility with all first rate amenities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This facility has it all, first class restaurants, magnificent views, fantastic pools (including an adult only pool), beautiful private beaches and great golf (so I am told as I do not golf). The daily breakfast buffet is truly a feast. Treat yourself to a massage at the spa. While the cost of the massage seems high, it includes a day pass to the spa and all its amenities, steam,sauna, several whirlpools, relaxation areas, etc. well worth it.

Room Tip: Pamper yourself go to the spa for a day
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1,761 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Korean first
Tualatin, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

You can't beat the service or the pool, it's amazing. You do need a vehicle if you want to go into town, closest area of attraction is 15-20 minutes away in Lahina. Concierge is amazing. They screwed up our reservation but fixed it quickly and gave us free drinks while we waited. Food here is 30% more than expected anywhere else. I would prefer the sandy beaches in south maui vs the rocks here.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

A full week of paradise made possible by the service and setting. An enormous garden room set around beautifully manicured gardens. This hotel had of the most beautiful pool settings I have ever seen. Wonderful first rate cuisine. Outstanding experience and highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz for four nights in mid-September. We usually do not stay at resorts in this price range but the room was paid for by the conference he was speaking at. I knew it would be nice but did not have my hopes set high for our stay. (A month earlier we had stayed for 3 weeks in Kauai for a family vacation and I fell in love with the quaint, small town vibe of Kauai). I thought the Ritz would be too hoighty toighty for me and that the location would be too remote. I was wrong. The resort was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and jacuzzi were great. The grounds were gorgeous. The room was beautiful. We ate by the pool twice (blackened fish tacos)- those were great. $20 for 3 tacos was a bit pricey but all the food on the islands is expensive. We played shuffleboard. We relaxed in the hammocks. And the somewhat remote location was perfect. I loved being away from the crowds and the many walking trails around the property that are lovely. All in all, we had an amazing time at the Ritz.

• Stayed September 2013
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The staff was extra friendly and made you feel like you were at home. They are very helpful for providing brochures and helpful hints to have the ultimate vacation. The pools were amazing and the "Lava Flow" alcoholic beverage was my favorite. The room was gorgeous and the bed was super comfortable. Everything is luxurious and fit for royalty. A+++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

From the moment we arrived, until we left, everything about the hotel is flawless. They anticipate your every need, and although it may sound funny, the group of guys that handle the Valet and Bell Stand set the tone for the entire experience. They greated us like friends, they were smiling and interactive with us about where we had been or where we were going. Jorge and Gary were the best! My daughter and I loved the entire stay, from the beach to the pool to the gorgeous room to the staff- we will definitely be back, as soon as possible

Room Tip: I'm guessing there isn't a bad room in the hotel; its quite large, so we had a bit of a wal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night stay. The hotel is nice and the service is attentive. The decor is tropical/plantation style and should be due for a makeover within the next few years. The location is a bit secluded in Kapalua and the best I can describe it is as a subdivision. There are a few restaurants within Kapalua, but a car is definitely recommended. I am a fitness buff and was pleased with the size and amenities in the gym. Everything at the hotel is expensive which ultimately leads to the feeling of being taken advantage of. I paid a very reasonable rate because I had a special conference rate. I would not pay the hotel's published rate of nearly $400 per night (plus tax, resort fee, etc). I don't think the experience is worth that price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua? Share your experiences!