This is an absolutely beautiful and stunning resort in every aspect - it feels secluded and exclusive. Every aspect of the grounds is beautiful, and views are great everywhere.
The rooms are some of the nicest we have ever experienced - beautifully maintained and updated.
Spring for the club lounge (upgrade at check in to pay less than the regular rate) - like all Ritz Carlton properties, they have great food and beverage presentations all day long.
They have valet or self parking, which is convenient.
The only downside to this amazing property is the beach. Due to a native burial ground discovered when building the resort, it is set back from the water, which gives great views but makes it a hike down to the beach. And like all Maui beaches, it is public, but the Ritz does not have umbrellas and chairs on the beach - it is too windy for umbrellas, but they do have an area with chairs just up from the beach near the beach shack and bar. It is not a snorkeling beach, not great for laying out/relaxing due to wind and no chairs/umbrellas, so that just leaves surfing and playing in the water.
However, there is a free Kapalua resort shuttle that will take you over to Kapalua Bay's beach, which is beautiful and perfect for everything but surfing. They rent chairs, umbrellas, watersports equipment, etc, which can be charged to your room.
There is also a walking trail that everyone should experience which goes all the way to Kapalua Bay, and there is another beach (Ironwoods) along the way. That is also a surfing beach, so be very careful - strong shorebreaks and lots of rocks just out from the shore.
We would definitely recommend and return to this great property, and once you know the tricks and shortcuts, you can spend less time exploring and more relaxing.
The spa was great, and the breakfast buffet is unbelievable (see Terrace restaurant review).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui