Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua property with my wife from February 14-21, 2013. Upon check-in, we were graciously given an upgrade to an oceanview deluxe suite by the attendant.
The resort sits on an expansive, beautiful and well maintained property in northwest maui and offers good beach access and is within close proximity to multiple golf courses. Our room was quite nice and the hotel facilities, with the exception of the tennis courts, were in good shape.
However, my wife had big problems with the bed as it was quite lumpy and offered little-to-no back supports.
I also found that the hotel was not quite as polished as one would have expected of a Ritz-Carlton property. While the housekeeping service was among the best I've ever experienced, the poolside service was lacking severely, and on one occasion, we actually felt we were being neglected/ignored by the poolside waiter.
The restaurants are also very expensive for the quality of food. For instance, the breakfast buffet came to almost $40.00 per person for a sub-par offering. I would truly recommend going to the nearby Honolua store, which offers a good quality breakfast, especially when compared to the hotel offerings.
I will also warn people that the pool area, though facing the water, is incredibly windy. While we were there, pool loungers would frequently get tossed into the pool by the wind. We were actually concerned that someone may get hurt. That being said, the pool and hot tubs are nice, clean and in good shape.
Overall, while a nice hotel, I certainly didn't feel that it was worth the money in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui