I would agree with other reviewers that the resort is probably in need of some updates. The food was fine but of course expensive (easy walk to the general store to buy snacks & beverages); the Ritz staff was polite, professional and helpful, and our room and view were really pretty perfect.
The setting in Kapalua is a bit removed- it's own little resort community;
the beach (DT Flemming) seems to get a lot of wave action and the stretch of sand is small in comparison to Kaanapali. If you want a nice beach day- pack a tote, grab a sandwich at the general store and take a $25+/- cab ride to Kaanapali.
There is a great coastal foot path that is so nice to hike along and watch whales and sea turtles and just the surf smashing against the coast.
The Ritz tennis courts are in a sad state of disrepair- there's no need to reserve & there's no charge. If you play serious tennis- there's a Kapalua tennis center to go to.
The fitness center was right off the lobby and was excellent- we didn't use any of the many spa services available.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz Carlton Kapalua
- Lahaina Ritz
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Prestigia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.