This was my wife's and my second time here. The room was immaculate and well appointed with conveniences such as nice toiletries and a charging station for all your gadgets on the side of the TV stand (I wish they told us about that and we didn't have to find it). The pool area is the best laid out pool complex that we have ever been to as it can accomodate many people, but still feels intimate due to the tiered levels and many pools (three large pools, one adults only, two jacuzzis, one childrens pool). There is a walk to the beach, but there are golf carts that will pick you up at the restaurants at either side (pool bar, beach bar). DT Fleming beach is perfect for the family. The restaurants, in general are very good, although there is a somewhat limited variety from each. One really nice touch is they pipe in a mild pineapple smell into the main lobby area!
The only reasons I did not rate this five stars is there are some maintenance issues such as carpet looking old, the pools are dirty and have some cracked and loose tiles and some of the restaurants are understaffed (we waiting for 15 minutes in the Aloha Lounge and were never even greeted so we went elsewhere).
All things considered, this was a wonderful place to stay for a relaxing vacation!
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Ritz Carlton Kapalua
- Lahaina Ritz
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.