“Best Family Vacation Best of Class Luxury vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kapalua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ft Lauderdale, FL
“Best Family Vacation Best of Class Luxury vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our family all agrees that this property was the best luxury level vacation that we have ever had! The two bedroom suites with a family room and mini kitchen was very large, beautifully appointed, well maintained with the best trained staff you will find.
Everyone form the front desk staff, waiters, housekeepers and even the pool attendents make you feel very welcome wanting your stay to be exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside upper level room for great view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Korean first
Kihei
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The layout of the hotel is very confusing not to mention the long distant walks to get anywhere. I finally made it to the lobby and walked up to the concierge desk to ask how to get down to the lower pool deck. there were two ladies and one gentleman . Both ladies completely ignored me obviously since I wasn't asking to book a tour. they literally looked at me then looked back at their desktop seen without saying one word to me. the gentleman jumped from behind his desk and offered to walk me there. he immediately apologized for me standing there and awaiting for attention. After arriving to my poolside cabana, I waited for more than 10 minutes for a sever. When he finally arrived, I asked him for a food menu. he said he would be right back before I even had a chance to ask for a drink. after he ran off, I saw him pass by giving other guests drinks, then went back to the bar. he once again came out and started picking up towels. I landed up walking to the poolside bar and restaurant and placed my food and beverage order with the bartender. after giving my order another staff overheard my conversation about how my server was no where to be found and gave excuses rather than apologize for the bad service. I'm not here to vacation and stand in the Sun in my bikini to hear some story as to why I'm not being delivered excellent service. when my food finally arrived I asked for another drink of which took almost 20 minutes to get. I'm at the lowest pool deck which is very close to the restaurant. when the server brought me my check, he was so concerned on closing it out and didn't even attend to remove all the empty plates. I didn't understand why he want the check closed out knowing that we paid top money for a cabana, and I was going to be parked there all day. Later on when I finally looked at my Bill, he had only charged me $19.80! I knew my Bill was way more than that since my drinks alone were $14 each and my $20 quesadilla . I'm in the food and beverage industry and this is not acceptable. I had to uncertain hunt him down so he can correctly charge me. the rooms were decent, wish I went to the Hyatt instead.

• Stayed August 2012
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great hotel. Great location. Great outdoor activities. The service at the hotel was satisfactory, though they had the wrong room for us upon our arrival. We were given the keys at the reception and told where to go, which is not Ritz-like. Our requested room was prepared the following day. This gave us a chance to drive to Wailea for a day to see how the Four Seasons Hotel was in comparison. We preferred Kapalua for its serenity and tranquility. The property is vast and beautiful. We would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wow. Loved the Ritz at Kapalua. Beautiful beach although somewhat windy. Loved the rooms, the bathriooms, the pool. Loved the side trip to Lahaina the whaling village.Loved the whale watching up close. Happy we chose Maui over the Big Island with its volcanoes. Although we missed the lava flows we thoroughjly enjoyed our stay in Maui. Cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: Dont miss a visit to their fantastic spa and massages.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This property is just gorgeous. The landscaping is nothing short of stunning and you receive the warmest of welcomes upon arrival. By this I mean you get something to drink, a lei, and numerous members of a smiling and friendly staff who greet you and interact with you, doing all they can to make you feel welcome.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and we especially love the larger ones.I would be happy moving in one of them to live! Everything was clean and beautiful in the room. Beds are very comfy and plush.

The pools- oh, what paradise the pools are. They are ENORMOUS. You never feel crowded here because the pools are splendid and spread out and have a lovely form to them. I also love how the landscaping around them is so lush. You feel like you are in paradise. We don't know how to swim so we usually stay in 4-5 feet of water and were thrilled to find that this is how deep the pool was! The pools are incredibly beautiful and elegant.

We enjoy nature and loved walking along the beach exploring marine life.

I will admit that we chose not to eat at the restaurants. They seemed terribly overpriced for what little food one gets and chose to eat away from the hotel and also to shop for supplies away from the hotel store.

We go to Hawaii for specific reasons- nature study, boating, the gorgeous plant life, and cultural activities as well as enjoying the food. This is a great place to stay in Maui to use as a base for all of that and more.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Alameda, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were greeted with friendly service staff who took our bags to our room, gave us fruit punch with a flower in them, flower necklaces, and staff who would chitchat with us while we waited in line to get checked in. They were friendly without seeming fake (unlike four seasons).

The room was great (and it was the cheapest one too, got an amazing deal for only $230 a night).
There was no microwave so I asked for one and they brought it and installed it promptly.
Bathroom was very nice as well as the rest of the room.

Food was excellent near the pool as well as the smoothies. The in-room breakfast was great too. The pool was a bit shallow (4ft on edges, 5ft in the middle). The hot tubs were often crowded.

The beach was about a 5minute walk (or they shuttle you on a golf cart).
It was very very windy (but I like wind and it was bearable). But at the beach the wind whips you with sand. There were a lot of people swimming but with the wind we decided not to.

I wouldn't recommend staying here more than 2 days though. After checking out the facilities, pools, beach, and the Whalers Village (which is pretty awesome, not what I imagined, it's a legit shopping center that sells Rolex, Roxy, etc.) We also went to the Old Lahaina Luau (good food, but too long and dances were repetitive). Afterwards we were glad we were moving on to other parts of Maui.

We went here for our honeymoon and had a great time for the 2 days that we were here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel in a great resort. Very friendly welcome from the staff. They made our stay truly memorable. They picked up on my wife's birthday and sent a surprise. Golf, beach and restaurants were all great. Looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua? Share your experiences!