My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our 10-night Maui trip. This was a fantastic resort and we absolutely loved it - we were extremely sorry to leave! The Kapalua area is breathtakingly beautiful, and the resort is stunning. We stayed at the Westin Kaanapali Villas the first week of our trip, and both of us agreed that arriving at the Ritz felt like we were on a different (and far more luxurious!) vacation, even though it was just 10 minutes up the road.
With the exception of the poolside cabanas (more details below), we were extremely pleased with the service at this resort. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and really went above and beyond. This began with the wonderful front desk staff at check-in. We had booked an ocean view, one-bedroom suite, and upon arrival we were upgraded to an ocean view residential suite (one bedroom with kitchen), which was wonderful. The suite was spotless, beautiful, and well-appointed, and we loved the two lanais.
Our luggage was delivered to our room within minutes of our arrival, and the bellman was very friendly and gave us lots of great tips for our stay. We were celebrating our anniversary on this trip, and they treated us to a bottle of champagne and a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries in our room, which was a nice touch. The spa was incredible - possibly the best massage I've ever had.
Now for the cabana service. We had booked a full day cabana rental for $100, and our initial contact with our server was when he asked us early on if we wanted to look at a lunch menu. We had just finished breakfast, so we declined at that point. He then completely ignored us for the rest of the morning, though he spent lots of time catering to the couple in the cabana next to ours. We got the impression that they had been at the resort for awhile and "knew" this server, which is fine, but there was really no excuse for him to go to them on multiple occasions and then walk right by us without even a glance in our direction. I had to flag him down to order a daquiri.
Service markedly improved after I told him (again after flagging him down) that we would be ordering lunch. We concluded that because we had initially declined the lunch menu (remember, it was not yet lunch time) he had decided that he was not going to get a big tip from us, so we were not worth bothering with. By the way, we have always been very good tippers, and we did indeed tip him the full amount at the end of the day. However, when we were already staying in a very expensive suite and shelling out $100 more for a cabana, I expected better service. That being said, the poor cabana service didn't mar our otherwise wonderful stay. We will return - hopefully soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui