You go here for the location - the only resort in the national park, with easy access to Menjangan island's wonderful coral reefs. Snorkelling tours to the island were wonderful and off the resort beach is quite good, there was very little rubbish on the beach out front, and what is there is outside their property and probably from fishing boats so it's unfair to blame the resort. The black leaf monkeys (plus wild deer, lewak, lots of birds) visit daily and provide great entertainment. The basic structure is very good, e.g. bungalow 6 is lovely inside, but there is a basic problem that the owners really need to maintain the buildings, as some of the rooms are apparently unusable. The low season price is reasonable, the peak season price excessive especially for its current condition. All the staff were very professional and Balinese-friendly. Food, cleanliness, boat transfer, information all very good - the breakfast was GREAT! but the menu a bit expensive, it would benefit from a few local dishes as well as all the good seafood. This place will suit visitors who forgive that it is a bit remote (this is it's attraction!) , generates its own electricity, and occasionally runs out of kitchen ingredients.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHOREA BEACH RESORT - MENJANGAN ISLANDBali Barat is Bali's most important National Park with unspoiled white sand and coral/shell beaches, crystal clear waters, living coral, and Menjangan Island where you'll find one of the most spectacular underwater environments in Indonesia (bring reef walkers or sandshoes).Waka Shorea nestles on a protective peninsula only a twenty (20) minutes boat ride from the mainland, and is the only resort permitted on the parks peninsula. Fourteen lanais and two villas uniquely designed to exist in harmony with the landscape a restaurant at the waters edge, a health spa with massage and beauty treatments, an in ground fresh water pool, a comprehensive range of activities tailored to the area: sea kayaking, sailing, diving, snorkeling, nature treks seeking native deer and the silver leaf monkey and sometimes the black long tail monkey, quiet picnics on deserted beaches bliss for the nature lover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Shorea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waka Shorea Hotel West Bali National Park
- Shorea Beach Resort Bali/West Bali National Park, Indonesia